Sebastian
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Stopped Working – won't save settingsSorry, missed your message. I’ve never seen that behaviour before. Have you resolved it in the meantime?
Good news, I was now able to reproduce this problem, so I’m hopefully able to release a new version next week to get it fixed.
Hi itpixie,
can you please post which exact version of the plugin and WordPress you are using?
Hi geka,
is your company actually posting in public? Is it an official G+ page? If yes, I’ve never tested importing from G+ pages, but only from individual streams. Could be that the API isn’t defined for that yet.
New posts are fetched every 5 minutes. Of course this only happens, when someone browses your blog every 5 minutes, but that should be the case while you are testing the setup.
Hi,
are you using the latest version (1.1.1)? There was a bug in the previous version removing the settings from time to time, but that shouldn’t be the case in 1.1.1 anymore.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] [Plugin: Google Crossposting] Some additions@ria: What Birger did is pure templating. I can’t put that into the plugin. You have to do that on your theme.
@finid: That’s impossible at the moment, because Google has not yet released an API allowing to create new posts on G+. There are some dirty JavaScript hacks, but nothing I want to base the module on. So we have to wait for it. But I think as soon as that becomes available, I will try to make it work.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] [Plugin: Google Crossposting] Some additionsI just released a new version 1.1.0 of the plugin allowing to set the length of post titles. Either download the new version directly or wait for your WordPress backend to notify about the update being available.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] [Plugin: Google Crossposting] PHP Error line 206Which WordPress version are you using?
The plugin only imports public posts. If you post something and only share it with some circles, the post won’t be imported by the plugin. I want to prevent that people accidently make something public, which they thought was private.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] [Plugin: Google Crossposting] Some additionsInteresting idea, we should really implement that. Not sure if I can manage this week as I’m very busy with work.
Another user also suggested to make the length of the title configurable. I expect you would agree on that?!
Sounds like wrong wordpress version. Hard to debug if you don’t know your wordpress version.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] [Plugin: Google Crossposting] Manual mass import?The plugin checks G+ about every 5 minutes. However, if you don’t have a visitor on your site for more than five minutes, it will only the next time someone visits your page. This can only be circumvented by having a cron job on your site to run every 5 minutes. However, cron jobs are usually not available on cheap free hosting offerings.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] [Plugin: Google Crossposting] Multi-site capable?No, at the moment the plugin is not able to support multiple sites.
Yeah, I need to add somewhere the hint that you need to activate your API key. The plugin sets both fields to blank if it can’t access your G+ account with the keys provided, which is the case if the API key wasn’t activated before.