Sebastian
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] How to re-import postsThe old trick doesn’t work anymore. In the past, I only kept track of the lastest post. But it turned out that this was not reliable enough to determine whether a post was already imported.
Therefore, since a few versions, I keep track of every single post imported.
If you look at the wp_options table, you will find entries with option names similar to:
g_crossposting_SOMELONGID
You would need to delete all those entries to reimport everything. Besides, you also need to issue the old command as it still serves as a backup method.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Possible to import CommentsI have no plans to do that. It would require checking existing posts from time to time for new comments. Doesn’t seem worth the effort.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] YouTubeUnfortunately, this is not possible. The G+ API only returns an image of the video linked to your G+ code. It doesn’t provide the player code. Here an example how it looks on my personal blog
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Trimming titlesOk, I just released a new version 1.5.0, which follows the strategy outlined by @sq10:
If a G+ post starts with bold text, this bold text is used as title instead of the title generated by Google+ itself.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Trimming titles@sq10 What’s your G+ ID so that I can also test with your public stream?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Trimming titlesI’ll check in the coming days if that really gives good results. As a fallback I would not rely on some length, but just use what Google provides as title.
Also, keep in mind it has to work for different kind of G+ posts like sharing a video, photo, link and for own articles. Those types come back differently from the API.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Trimming titlesBecause options and their combination must be tested with each update and that’s something I can’t commit to.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Trimming titles@stevedowe The problem with your approach to trimmed titles is that it only works if you follow the rule to always separate the title from the rest of the text with a blank line. If someone just writes two paragraphs of text in his post, the title will become the content of the first paragraph. I believe that if you have a short first “paragraph”, G+ will also use it as the official title. However, the plugin can’t rely on such rules and I can’t include this change in the official version.
I also looked about the floating issue of the link. I changed the generated markup so that the link is always shown at the end. So no floating anymore. Also, all output is now wrapped in <p> tags. Version 1.4.0 should be live in a few minutes.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Can't Complete Install – Header InvalidPlease try reinstalling the plugin. Probably a network error. Never hear of this kind of bug before.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Not Importing Posts@table28: Good to see it working now!
Yes, such an app is easy to do as long as you don’t expect to write something from your app to G+. This would require more work as you have to involve additional APIs. But in a pure sense, such a widget can be even done without any server backend by just querying the API using JavaScript.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Not Importing Posts@harold Brown: I also tried your profile in my local installation and it is working fine. Your G+ ID is:
+HaroldBrownJr
So please check you generated a server key for the G+ API and activated the API itself.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Not Importing Posts@table28: I can assure you that it works, because I just tried it on a local test installation. Your G+ ID is
+Table28consulting
Also, I released a new version allowing far longer IDs, but this shouldn’t be the problem in your case. Make sure you got a valid server key generated. The instructions under FAQ section should also be up-to-date now.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Not Importing PostsIt will only import the latest messages not imported yet. So if you have imported already some message, it will only import messages posted later.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Trimming titlesTitles are trimmed by Google+. The trimmed title is provided via their API and the plugin just imports that title. So the title will always be the same as on G+.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Google+ Crossposting] Not Importing PostsIt is really a nightmare. Google is changing the UI of the console continuously. In my case, also the G+ API was disabled.
I updated the description and verified I’m able to generate a new key. In case the FAQ section doesn’t update, here the points to follow:
- Go to (https://cloud.google.com/console) and log in.
- Click on “Projects” and go into the project “API Project”.
- Click on “APIs” in the left sidebar.
- Find in the list “Google+ API” and enable it.
- After it was enabled, click on “Credentials” in the left sidebar.
- Click on “Create new key” under the heading “Public API access”.
- Select you want to create a “server key”.
- The string shown as API Key is your Google+ API key to use.