Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 replies - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Plugin Author Sebastian

    (@sebstein)

    Hhhm, you probably had the setting of maximum posts to import set to 1. Therefore, the manual import only gets the latest post and imports it.

    If you now change the number to 100 (which is the current maximum), it won’t import the other posts, because it always just imports posts, which are newer than the one imported last.

    To overcome this problem, you need direct access to the database, because there it stores the ID of the post imported last. If you want to try it, go as follows:

    1. Set the number of posts to import to 100 and save your settings.
    2. Delete the single post, which was already imported using the WordPress admin interface.
    3. Open your database web front end (I hope your hosting provider is having something like that, e.g. PHPMyAdmin)
    4. Make a database backup.
    5. Locate the “options” table of your WordPress installation. Please note, you might have a suffix added to the table name, so check your WordPress database settings, too!
    6. Run the following SQL statement. Please note, you might have to adapt the name of the options table in case you are using a suffix. Also, the table name (options) must be enclosed with backticks. I can’t add them here, because the forum editor removes them… SELECT * FROM options where option_name = 'g_crossposting_last_activity_id'
    7. This SQL statement should have returned a single row. There should be a way in your front end to delete this row.
    8. After you deleted the row, you can start the manual import again.

    I hope this gives you an idea how to accomplish that.

    Plugin Author Sebastian

    (@sebstein)

    duplicate post, please ignore…

    Plugin Author Sebastian

    (@sebstein)

    I just released version 1.0.1 of the plugin fixing the problem you reported above. The validation of the settings entered is now more careful. If the settings are wrong, the are reset to empty strings.

    At a later point, I will try to figure out how to do correct error reporting to the admin user. I was not able to find a good description how to keep error messages between page views. I would be happy for any pointers.

    Plugin Author Sebastian

    (@sebstein)

    Good point, will check it.

    Thread Starter Sebastian

    (@sebstein)

    I was able to solve this problem using the WP Mail SMTP plugin. I configured there to use wp_mail(), so I’m not really using the SMTP functionality. But it works anyway. Seems like a bug in WP, because there must a difference on how the PHP mail() function is used.

    Sebastian
    —
    sebstein.hpfsc.de

    Thread Starter Sebastian

    (@sebstein)

    Are there any special folders with write access needed to make that work? I don’t get any PHP error messages in my log files, so how to dig for this problem?

    Sebastian

    Thread Starter Sebastian

    (@sebstein)

    I think the [R=301,L] at the end did the trick, because I already tried it with out it. So what does it actually do? Can I use several rules, for example to rewrite the old feed URL?

    Sebastian

Viewing 7 replies - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)