maximan
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [CalPress Calendar] [Plugin: CalPress Event Calendar] No Widget?CalPress is apparently based on aio. I gave up on aio (too many bugs) but I’m giving CalPress a try. However the one thing missing is a sidebar widget. I don’t plan to pay to upgrade to CalPress Pro to get all the social media links and ICS because they are not applicable to my site. And multiple views and themes are “nice to have” but not essential. However, what I do need is an integrated widget but it’s not worth the $39 upgrade just to get a widget. I would like to suggest to Aspire2 to either release a widget only upgrade or simply include it in the non-Pro version.
Are you unchecking Display column or Admin column. Unchecking Display should remove that column from the front-end (make sure cache is deleted). If Admin is checked then that column with still display in the back-end Participant list.
Still looking for help on this one. As I tried to explain, when I export a CSV the Link field (in this case a URL) and Link Text (in this case just a single text word) are combined into one field comprised of Link plus a comma separator plus Link Text. When I import this same CSV file the Link field is populated with this combination of Link and comma separator and Link Text. To get around this I edit the CSV before import to delete the comma separator and Link Text. However, the Link Text field is also populated with Link data which means I have to manually edit each entry to change the Link Text back to the single text word. Would some kind person offer suggestions what I might be doing wrong or suggest a workaround. TIA.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [BackUpWordPress] [Plugin: BackUpWordPress] Restore/cloning databaseDisregard for now – further digging points to maybe domain in subdirectory or maintenance mode when making source backup.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [BackUpWordPress] [Plugin: BackUpWordPress] Restore/cloning databaseA slight correction: all files were ftp’d successfully but settings, pages, media etc. are not showing on the back-end except for plugins (but plugins are not activated, unlike source plugins). I kept the clean install wp-config.php file (not the backup version). Clearly I’m missing an important step in this cloning process. Any suggestions?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [BackUpWordPress] [Plugin: BackUpWordPress] Restore/cloning databaseTom,
I did another clean wp install and deleted all tables. I successfully imported backup .sql. Because this was the same domain (it’s an experimental site) I did not have to change domain info, although I believe I can do that via phpmyadmin to access the _options table. I copied all backup wp files and folders except wp_config.php and backup .sql dump contained in the backup zip. However, when accessing the site is shows the clean install only, i.e. no posts/plugins that were copied. I then copied the backup wp_config.php but was unable to access the site, with message “error connecting to database” Clearly I’m missing step in this process. Can you offer more hints to a noob?
Why would BWPS be clearing cached files? Surely that is outside the scope of protecting a site. Because my site is primarily “look up” and not interactive I have cache timeout to one day. I couldn’t figure why cache would empty after one day so I deactivated BWPS and that stopped the problem. I don’t think BWPS should be overriding cache user settings.
Well, I tweaked WP Super Cache setting and updated, again, Mod_Rewrite Rules and now it seems the two plugins are playing nicely together. Sorry for the misinformation earlier!
I guess I spoke too soon. Caching sorta’ works, for a while, then cached filed are removed from the caching list. I’ve deactivated BWPS and now back to normal.
Just installed update 3.4.3 and caching works normally. Thanks for the fast fix.
Same thing on a clean install! Something is clearly not right. Until the dust settles I’ve switched back to My Calendar.
I see there are similar reports on the WP Super Cache support forum. I posted a cross link there to this forum:
Try using an FTP client and go to your site, navigate to wp-contents/plugins and delete the Better WP Security directory. Hopefully that will allow you access.
I think there’s a conflict. I just posted this on Better WP Security support forum:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-super-cache-stops-caching-after-better-wp-security-install
Hello everyone. I’m at the point of moving back to a less flexible, less attractive but stable calendar, at least until yani and crew stop the practice of putting user themes directory at wp-content level. I think this is what’s causing changes to htaccess (I can’t be sure but every time I install aioec I have to reset BPS because of htaccess changes). And there’s the issue I’ve reported of 403 errors. Question to fellow aioec users: what alternative calendar plugin do you like?