maximan
Forum Replies Created
-
Chabis, firstly, I want to thank you for all your efforts to help. I recognize this is not your regular job and time is tight. Fortunately I was able to learn from your suggested changes and make additional tweaks so that the Delivery Note now has a dual function as a mailing label. Well, it’s not really a label per se. What I finally was able to achieve was print Delivery Note on 8.5×11 sheet with Company top left small font, where it’s normal to have the return address, and Recipient centred and below in larger font, just like a regular mailing label. The printout is folded to fit inside an adhesive transparent envelop clearly showing “From” and “To” in appropriate size and placement, so it won’t confuse the mailman! Thanks again.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Print Invoice & Delivery Notes for WooCommerce] Frustration with this pluginchabis, thank you for taking the time during the hectic holiday season to consider my request (ref your email dated 2012-12-29). I did experiment with your css modifications but alas this doesn’t really help. Your css modification merely removes everything except the recipient name and address and leaves everything else as before. As mentioned before, I want to keep all data on the current delivery note but change placement of the sender to top left and increase the font of the recipient to allow the delivery note to have a dual function as a mailing label by appropriate folding. Your suggestion to copy and paste the recipient info into a label app is certainly workable but printing on my consumer-level printer one label at a time is not really viable whereas printing an 8.5x 11 sheet delivery note is practical. I hope you and your fellow developers will not let this request lapse and put yourselves in the shoes of the user who not only needs to print a delivery note but also ship the product. All of the ingredients are there within the data but I don’t have the skill to mix them to suit my needs. I hope you will take another look at this request.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [WooCommerce] Changing max number of products before paginationAnother question related to this thread. I have successfully changed the number of products per page by adding the above code to the Theme functions php. However, regardless of whether or not I change the number per page there is blank padding below the products list, see here:
http://www.moneycuff.com/shop/
Any suggestions what might be causing this and how to prevent. TIA.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Print Invoice & Delivery Notes for WooCommerce] Frustration with this pluginFinding time is hard and I greatly appreciate your concern. I don’t expect developers to drop what they’re doing just for me but I do believe there are other users like me with the same needs. Because there is no mailing label capability I resorted to using the Delivery Note as a mailing label. I fold the printout such that it fits in a stick-on transparent envelop. I’d like to change both the placement and font of the recipient address. I’ve played with css but can’t seem to change any printout formatting. As a substitute I created a logo with company name and address. Logo placement is top left where the postal service expects the sender address to be. I also changed css to Increase the image size to 50%. Thanks again for your efforts.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Print Invoice & Delivery Notes for WooCommerce] Logo Size IssuePuck and Lautor, thanks for this tip. It helps with my attempts to use the Delivery Note as a label. Now I can use a logo placed top left as my “from” address. I’d like to change the font of the recipient address and perhaps have the recipient placed up top right where the company name and address is. Any suggestions?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Participants Database] Display Single Record Templatedisregard
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Participants Database] Display Single Record TemplateJust a note of thanks. The latest release 1.4.4 is much cleaner and now works well for me.
I am struggling with how to modify the layout. I recognize my limitations with css and ask for help either from the developer or a helpful user. What I need to do is have the sender name and address (the company name and address) in small font and positioned top left (where the “Delivery Note” is currently), and the Recipient top right and in larger font. How can this be done? I know a little css but don’t know what file to modify (theme or this extension style css file). I’d really appreciate help on this. Again, TIA.
Judging from the lack of response perhaps I didn’t clearly phrase my question so let me ask it in another way:
What I want to do is allow reviews on the Shop page and not allow reviews on each Product page. I disabled comments (i.e. reviews) at the product level by unchecking “allow comments” via Quick Edit on each product page but when I enable “allow comments” on the Shop page the comment dialog box fails to show. I’m guessing Woo php code overrides this command but the question is how can nevertheless allow comments on the Shop page? TIA for your help.
Yes, unchecking UTC fixed the problem. Great response. Many thanks.
BTW, I didn’t mention previously that I have set iCal timezone to “floating” because I found it less confusing as I travelled, otherwise appointments were changing (as designed) but this caused problems.
Here’s the dump from ics:
DTSTAMP:20121107T223000Z
ORGANIZER;CN=MAILTO:example.com
DTSTART:20121107T223000Z
DTEND:20121107T233000ZSo, yes, it’s showing Z and the ics file as seen in OSX 1.8 is the typical iCal icon with the date and time but the time if -2hrs from the time as set in Event. When imported it also is off by 2hrs. As I said earlier, the exported ics should be identical to the Event time regardless of zone setting.
I don’t know if this helps narrow down the possible bug but it’s Interesting to note the ics icon generated by 1.11.3 reflects the fact that I’m using BusyCal whereas that generated by 2.0.3 has the typical iCal icon. Here’s an extract from the ics from v1.11.3:
[time] => 6:30 pm
[endtime] => 7:30 pm
[usertime] => 6:30 pm
[endusertime] => 7:30 pm
[ical_start] => 20121107T223000
[ical_end] => 20121107T233000The issue of 2hr time error remains in v2.0.3. For example, an .ics file from an event with start time of 6:30pm and end time of 7:30pm when viewed in the Finder Preview (i.e. not after imported into iCal) shows start time of 4:30pm and end time of 5:30pm. Surely the ics file should match the event.
WP Settings/General is set at UTC-4 and My Calendar Edit Event is set at GMT-4 (Universal Coordinated Time is the same Greenwich Mean Time but WP uses UTC and My Calendar uses GMT). Regardless, the fact is that with v1.11.3 the iCal export was correct whereas v2.x iCal export .ics file is off by 2 hrs.
I installed v2.02 but it seems there’s still a bug re the .ics file. For example, I have an event with a begin time of 6:30 p.m. and end 7:30 p.m. but the iCal export ics file shows 2 hours earlier, i.e. 4:30 begin and 5:30 end.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [CalPress Calendar] [Plugin: CalPress Event Calendar] No Widget?Glad to hear. Looking forward to giving it another try in a few weeks.