maximan
Forum Replies Created
-
Sauril, you said “…I’ll escalate this” but I haven’t seen any feedback as to what might be causing this 403 error. On a test site I installed the latest version, 1.8.3 premium. After the install and activation I get not one but two 403 errors on webpagetest.com. If I then deactivate and delete aioec themes 403 errors no longer appear. Also if I attempt to go to the calendar I get a 404 Not Found error. FWIW, after activating aioec I have to reset BulletProof Security PS because it appears the aioec install/activation is changing the root htaccess file. NOT good!
Here are the redacted 403 errors:
http://domain.com/wp-content/themes-ai1ec/vortex/font/fontawesome-webfont.eot?
http://domain.com/wp-content/themes-ai1ec/vortex/font/League_Gothic-webfont.eot?iefix) format(“eot”), url(font/League_Gothic-webfont.woff) format(“woff”), url(font/League_Gothic-webfont.ttf) format(“truetype”), url(font/League_Gothic-webfont.svg
Please comment on your investigations.
I agree. I’m staying with 1.7 until upcoming event widget appearance can be controlled by the user. In 1.7 I like the dark blue background color when events are set as All Day events. I like when the Category color is in front of the description. I like not having pop-outs. What I don’t like in 1.7 is when I set a start/stop time the nice dark blue background color changes to plain white and the times are too big compared to the event description. What’s even worse in 1.8.3 is having pop-outs half showing (widget is on right side and pop-out appears fron main window but only half shows). Also the Category color is after the event and sometimes is on another line. The size of start/stop times are bigger than the event description.
You can see the WebPageTest report. Go to http://www.webpagetest.org/ and enter http://wekivagolfvillas.com. Let me know if you still want admin access.
I’m please to report 1.8 premium installed OK with no error message and no problem logging in to admin and access to back-end.
I was hoping that 1.8 would clear up a long time issue with a 403 error reported by WebPageTest http://domain.com/wp-content/themes-ai1ec/vortex/font/fontawesome-webfont.eot? However, this 403 problem remains.
I installed the wp version. I can try premium but can you give direct link to d/l.
As previously reported, after a fresh install of 1.8 followed by an attempt to activate the plugin I get error message “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” From that point on was unable to access the back-end.
I was able to access the back-end by FTPing to wp-contents/plug-ins and deleting aio directory. Note, unlike with 1.7.1 I did not find a separate themes-ai1ec folder. After deleting the plug-in ai1ec folder I was then able to login to the admin account and access the back-end.
Couple of questions:
1. Do you have a link to where I can download a complete list with wildcards to copy/paste into ban users. I could probably create a list but it would be much easier if there was a readymade source.
2. Regarding performance, can you clarify what performance benefit there is using wildcards versus using CIDR format directly inserted in the .htaccess file.
Adding my question to this thread, I too am trying to move from using a hyphen to a wildcard but I’m having trouble getting this accepted. Would you please give an example of using wildcards for an example IP range, say, Russian Federation IP range 2.60.0.0-2.63.255.255.
That’s great. It does what I wanted. I just wish I knew enough about theme stylesheets to work your magic. On a related question, I have set overall typeface and font within the theme back-end options but I’m wondering if there’s a way to override the theme stylesheet for a specific page or specific .pdb_list?
Sorry, but theme stylesheet tweaking (Suffusion) doesn’t come naturally to me. Is there some ‘texture’ code you can suggest I should add that will allow me to modify the list display? TIA
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Participants Database] [Plugin: Participants Database] Edit from front endYes, but to ensure data integrity only one person can edit (and myself as admin), thus only one password required.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Participants Database] [Plugin: Participants Database] Edit from front endMy application is much simpler than yours and doesn’t involve any emailing for ID. It’s just a small database of 5 users who jointly administer a homeowners association. I didn’t want to open up access to the back-end so I provided a link to [pdb_record] without having to know the Private ID. The password protected page prevents others from editing.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Participants Database] [Plugin: Participants Database] Edit from front endI don’t know if you resolved this yet but if not I found a way. I created a new field (in my case I called it (Edit”) and from the drop-down menu I made it a “link” field. From the back-end List Participants I copied the Private ID url, then went to List Participants Edit and pasted into the link url. Then entered “edit” in Link Text. When users wants to edit from the from-end they can click the “edit” link and go to [pdb_record]. BTW, I have done this on an open internet site but with the List and Edit pages password protected.
I switched from w3c to Super Cache until ai1 1.7 is released. Do you have an estimated release date?
I’m getting a 403 error.
themes-ai1ec/vortex/font/fontawesome-webfont.eot?Comments?
I guess it was a cache issue, so I removed w3c and added Super Cache. Problem solved.
I do have a couple of unrelated questions:
1. All pages are configured to NOT allow comments but aio detail calendar still shows “posted by”. I’d like to remove. Is this possible?
2. Widget is great for “all day events” with nice white lettering on blue background. When event time is added the widget reverts to plain black on white. Possible to have time of day with white on blue?