maximan
Forum Replies Created
-
Ignore my plaintive cry for help. I’m working on it!
Joe, can you please expand a little. I guess you’re saying edit the My Calendar Editor template and not the widget sidebar template. Looking at the My Calendar Editor template I don’t see a specific template for Upcoming Events. Are you saying to use one of the other templates? Sorry if this is a dumb question but a little extra guidance would be appreciated.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Event Calendar] [Plugin: Ajax Event Calendar] Repeating Events – RequestDitto this request. More than a “must have”, an essential requirement for me to use this plugin. I need repeating entries for same day of each week or same date each month, multi-times per year etc., and ability to duplicate entries using copy/paste or similar.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Meteor Slides] [Plugin: Meteor Slides] installation -adding php to a theme?I checked out your vid which helps a lot, but it also adds more questions. In your Documentation regarding “Adding a custom slideshow template” you say:
QUOTE
Copy meteor-slideshow.php from /meteor-slides/ to your theme’s directory to replace the plugin’s default slideshow template.
END QUOTEAs it relates to WP default twenty-ten theme, when you say “your theme’s directory”, is that the Main Index Template (index.php). And when you say ” replace the plugin’s default slideshow template” what specific code is this. If you have a few extra minutes I’d appreciate a little more detail for this non-programmer. TIA.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Meteor Slides] [Plugin: Meteor Slides] Strange gray boxesJust to confirm, I see two boxes on IE8 under VMWare but only one grey box on Mac OSX (two different browsers). I have no idea what is causing.
Set IE8 in “compatibility mode” at top of menu.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Meteor Slides] [Plugin: Meteor Slides] Meteor installation questionThought you like to know that Meteor is the only plugin that plays nicely with IE8 on my site. All other slideshow plugins I tried squished images horizontally, and I don’t know enough to forces compatibility mode. I tried Portfolio Slideshow, NextGen, Slideshow Gallery Pro, WP Photo Gallery Plus, GRAND Flash Album Galler (worked but it’s flash-based). I settled on Meteor but still don’t know if there’s a thumbnail gallery – I guess not.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Meteor Slides] [Plugin: Meteor Slides] Meteor installation questionI can’t see how to show a thumbnail gallery. Am I missing this or is it not possible with Meteor?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Meteor Slides] [Plugin: Meteor Slides] Meteor installation questionOne other question…
I have search this forum but can’t find info on how to center a slideshow. I’m guessing it’s added to the short code, yes?
Also, am I correct in presuming that navigation in inside the image frame and not external. I’d like to see nav buttons/arrows clearly visible. Is this possible?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Meteor Slides] [Plugin: Meteor Slides] Meteor installation questionFYI, you can ignore my question about blank screen…I watched your video and all is well. Still curious about my other non-meteor email problem?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Meteor Slides] [Plugin: Meteor Slides] Meteor installation questionI tried the short code but got a blank slideshow background w/o slides. I’ll double check my setup.
If I may, can I ask a slightly different subject. It would appear, judging from your extremely fast response, you get an email when someone posts a comment. I can’t get WP to do this. Under WP Settings/Discussion I’ve checked “E-mail me whenever anyone posts a comment”. The email address under WP Settings/General is correct because when a message is sent via FS Contact Form it arrives but not when a comment is posted to a page. I swapped themes, deactivated all plugins and still no email received. I thought maybe it’s a host blacklist issue (I don’t think so) and asked my host for help. They want to know if it’s using the mail php function, and of course I haven’t clue! Can you confirm that you get an email when a comment is posted. If so I wonder what might be causing my WP installation to fail sending?