Dan Harrison
Forum Replies Created
-
Sounds like a bug if you’re having to clear the cache to use a feature… could you give me a bit more detail please?
I want to completely understand what’s going wrong. If you’ve got a situation where it’s stuck in queued still, that’s be great if you can give me access (FTP and WP admin ideally) to work out what’s going on.
Thanks
DanIt works 100% for me of several websites. So there’s something odd about your set up I expect.
Have you tested any of these?
[wp-portfolio groups=”1″]
[wp-portfolio groups=”2″]
[wp-portfolio groups=”3″]
[wp-portfolio groups=”9″]etc?
Or [wp-portfolio groups=”8,9″]
Regards
DanHi Sarah
Thanks for your query. Website Groups = Categories
So you just create a group for Print Work, Web Design, etc. Groups are useful for creating a heading/description for a collection of items in the portfolio.
When I created the plugin, it was originally just websites people wanted to show off. It’s since become a plugin for showing off any item. But the language used still refers to a website item.
Kind Regards
Dan
[ Signature moderated. ]Forum: Plugins
In reply to: How to get the link of the particular portfolio addedHi Abdul
With WP Portfolio, I have to support lots of people via forums, etc. So the core functionality of WP Portfolio would be free, but I need to pay the bills! So any Add-On would be very reasonably priced. π
Thanks
DanForum: Plugins
In reply to: How to get the link of the particular portfolio addedYes, You can do it, but you’d need to do this:
1) Create a new detail page (Project 1 Detail)
2) Edit the template for each website to use %WEBSITE_CUSTOM_FIELD% and add something like Read More
3) For each website, add the URL for the detail page to the ‘Custom Field’ field (http://yourwebsite.com/project-1-detail).
Regards
DanForum: Plugins
In reply to: How to get the link of the particular portfolio addedHi,
1) I struggle to understand what you mean, so please could you explain with more detail? Before, I had to guess with my answer.
2) Lightbox support – I’ve been asked this before but it’s very tricky to add. Free STW accounts don’t have access to large thumbnails, which means the lightbox feature would be somewhat lacking. I am considering adding support for lightbox, but as a paid feature.
Regards
DanHi Walter
Thanks. Sounds like the ALTER command or dbDelta command in WP is not working properly for you.
Glad it works.
DanForum: Plugins
In reply to: How to get the link of the particular portfolio addedYou need to investigate:
%WEBSITE_CUSTOM_FIELD% (read the plugin documentation) and Custom Field (in Adding/Editing Website)
This will allow you to add extra content, such as a read more link that you’re referring to.
Regards
Dan[ Signature moderated. ]@wgator – what version are you using? Are you installing from new? Or upgrading?
I’ve spotted this issue a few times, mostly due to odd permissions with MySQL on a hosting account.
Dan
As far as I know, WP Portfolio is not bundled with any WooTheme… I think they have their own tooling.
Kind Regards
DanHello, you just create a different group for each of your portfolios. Then you can use the shortcode to extract that group. Once the plugin is activated, there’s a tab for the documentation.
Thanks
Dan
[ Signature moderated. ]Thanks Doug, much appreciated.
Dan
All working again? Fantastic! π
Thanks
DanRight, I had a small typo that broke the version number. That’s what might be breaking the install.
Please try again, hopefully it works! All these changes recently have been a bit of a challenge. Hopefully we’re now there.
Kind Regards
Dan
[ Signature moderated. ]Argh, V1.27 is definitely what you need. For some reason, V1.27 has disappeared from the repository. I’ve had some real issues with WordPress.org lately…