Dan Harrison
Forum Replies Created
-
Hi Larry
Just done a V1.29 release, which adds a way to disable the pagepix.js on the frontend of the site.
Just add
define('WPPORTFOLIO_NO_PAGEPIX', true);to your functions.php (anywhere you like).Dan
This is not an issue with the plugin, this is a CSS issue on your site. I’m happy to take a look, but it would be a chargeable service, as it’s not a core feature of WP Portfolio.
(And I’d also need a URL to your site!!)
Kind Regards
Dan Harrison
[ Signature moderated. ]These are not errors associated with my WP Portfolio plugin. It appears you’re using a different portfolio plugin for WordPress.
Kind Regards
Dan Harrison
[ Signature moderated. ]Unfortunately there’s not enough detail here for me to be able to help. If you’re still stuck, then I need considerably more information, such as:
- Your website URL
- More error message details with the debug error message from WP Portfolio.
- The list of things you’ve done as per the FAQ to fix the issue.
- The URL of the website that’s showing this issue.
Regards
DanDan Harrison
[ Signature moderated. ]Hello
That error occurs when upgrading WP Portfolio from an older version to a newer version. Just re-saving your details should work fine.
Kind Regards
Dan Harrison
[ Signature moderated. ]Hi Larry
Sorry for the delay in my reply, I’ve been poorly with flu.
I’ll think of a suitable way to disable the pagepix script for you. It’ll probably be a line of code you add to functions.php. I’ll reply once I’ve added that code and committed it to WordPress.org
Dan Harrison
[ Signature moderated. ]It sounds like a combination of server permissions, and an issue that the server is not allowing loopback connections with outgoing HTTP connections.
Worth chatting to your host to see if they have any restrictions set?
Dan
Hmmm
Perhaps put in a full link to your main website, rather than just ‘#’. Do ‘http://www.yourwebsite.com/#’? Can’t see why that would affect the custom image though…
Perhaps check your cache directory exists and is writeable?
Dan
[ Signature moderated. ]Yep, the issue was just because the image was queued for update. After 12 hours, the image was refreshed.
You do have the images set to refresh after 7 days. I recommend extending that to a longer period.
Kind Regards
DanHi Delmar, spotted an issue. I’m looking into it.
Thanks
DanJust add a http:// before each URL for each website in your portfolio.
Kind Regards
DanBasically leave it a few days. Tell me if there are any more ‘queued’ messages. I’m pretty sure I’ve found the issue though.
Dan
Hi Delmar
The issue appears to be a change that STW made with their API, so my plugin was incorrectly determining that a thumbnail was valid, when it wasn’t. I’ve uploaded the change to your website, and we’ll see if it works.
If the change is OK, then I’ll upload the change to the main code base and do a new release.
Thanks for the access Delmar.
I’ve managed to repeat the problem, so I’ll find some time to debug what’s going on.
Dan
Hi Mayeenul
Ah, there we are. Thanks for the feedback, I’ll use that information to improve the FAQ.
Kind Regards
Dan