Dan Harrison
Forum Replies Created
-
The plugin has not been developed for multi-sites. It’s something I’d like to add in the future, but it’s not being added any time soon.
Sorry, I’d love to help, but I just don’t follow…
Dan
Hi Shaun
Thank you, I’ve now updated the main release to use the latest version of utils_formbuilder.inc.php which fixes that issue.
I’ve also dropped you an email with a copy of the latest utils_formbuilder.inc.php file.
Dan
The STW interstitial page was removed in July 2012 by STW. I’m still working out how that affects the plugin from a development point of view.
It’d be worth trying to see if you change the setting to use the Paid option in the settings (even with a free account). See if that works…
Dan
If you’d like a patch sooner, rather than later, please ping me an email via the contact page on wpdoctors.co.uk.
(This is an issue in PHP 5.4 only, not 5.3 or lower)
Dan
Hello
Thanks for letting me know. I’m aware of this issue, and working on it to fix in the next release.
Kind Regards
DanHi Erik
We’ve added a feature to deal with hiding a link if required. This should be in the next release.
Kind Regards
DanHello
Sorry for the delay, I don’t get notifications about new threads.
Yes, a Portuguese translation would be great. We’re currently adding multi-lingual support at the moment, which should be done soon – the next release.
Kind Regards
DanI’m not sure what yo mean by the plugin allowing you to change the template. Do you mean theme? If so, regardless of theme, the link appears using this plugin.
The plugin has a section called Layout Settings, where you can edit the template. This is where you can remove the URL from the rendering part if you wish.
What I have been hoping for is that in your plugin that a link (corresponding to all photo/graphics thumbnails (not thumbnails that represent links to live websites) being used in your plugin can either have no link showing or replace the link with a title.
I’ll have a think about how this can be done then.
Shrink the Web-The other thing that is a bump in the road as far as using this plugin goes is forcing a stop and extra step by requiring people to halt progress, address a third party-Shrink the Web and give it consnet to continue. It seems like the type of impedance that causes people to cease. If nothing else people might think it is a hijacking site.
If you have a paid account with ShrinkTheWeb, this is not an issue. They had to implement it as hackers were using their service to trick people into going to phising sites.
Disable Plugin CSS- this is a nice, much appreciated feature. In my case, I simply want to change the default font to the same font the current theme uses. This apparently can’t be done in the Layout Settings page. The css you have designed here is nice. It’s what makes this plugin so appealing. If you disable it, that nice formatting is gone and it doesn’t seem to hand-off style (font type, in particular) to the theme.
Disabling the CSS is so that you can use your own custom CSS to change the design of the thumbnails. It sounds like you’re not writing your own CSS to do this.
Having a custom design would require custom CSS, which is beyond the scope of the plugin. It’s something that you or a web designer/web dev should be doing. My company can do it, but it’s a chargeable service.
Kind Regards
DanHi Erik
Thanks. Got a few questions I need answers to so that I can actually help.
The plugin already allows you to change the template, which is where you could remove the link. However, that applies to all thumbnails being shown on the site.
As I asked before, Do you want to hide the link on all websites/items in the portfolio? Or just a few?
Why would the image link be messed with? Who would mess with it?
Thanks
DanHi Lisa
Fantastic. Just the host then! Thanks for letting me know.
Dan
Hi Lisa
If the issue only applies to self-hosted images that you’re trying to cache, have you tried caching an image on another website?
i.e. if the image URL works OK when fetching from another website, then you could put all your files in DropBox, get their public URL, and then use that.
Kind Regards
DanThanks for your kind words.
Do you want to hide the link on all websites? Or just a few?
Thanks
DanHello
Thanks for your message. I don’t know how WPML works, if you can tell me how it translates descriptions, I might be able to add something to do the translation…
Kind Regards
Dan