Dan Harrison
Forum Replies Created
-
Both pages are 404…. sorry, I can’t help if I can’t see them! π
Dan
We’ve been asked to provide lightbox support on WP Portfolio, but not come up with a good way of doing this yet (that makes sense).
I’ll give it some more thought…
WP Portfolio is not designed for a photo gallery, you’d be much better off using a NextGen gallery plugin.
Social media integration is not likely to happen, as it’s not meant to be a photo gallery.
Regards
DanForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Wordpress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] New added website not showing upThat’s odd. As if the website is not being added to the database. I’m not aware of any issues. Try upgrading the tables from the settings page, then trying to add the website again.
The error you’re reporting is not the same as bethannon1 – please start a new thread. bethannon1 is not able to add a website at all. You’re able to add a website, but seeing a queued message. There is a substantial FAQ on this, which should checked first.
Regards
DanWhen you add a website, it’s all there on that page (you might need to click on the advanced tab though).
Dan
Ah, I know why that is. I’ll put in an adjustment in the next release.
If you enter dummy STW settings, then that should allow you to save settings, and the message will go.
Thanks
DanHi Clarence –
this is due to the way WP works when updating plugins. Changing your cache location would work too (to use wp-content) for future updates.
The next time, if there’s an issue, please create a new thread, then we can keep things on topic and get your issue solved more quickly π
Dan
Hi Sheila
This is now fixed in V1.31 of WP Portfolio, which has now been uploaded.
Kind Regards
DanLook for the “Upgrade Tables” section in the “Portfolio Settings”. This is live in V1.31 which I have literally just uploaded now.
Dan
Try activating or deactivating the plugin. That might work.
Otherwise I’m just preparing a new release now which has a force upgrade tables setting, which should fix that issue. It should be live in a few minutes.
Kind Regards
DanHi Delmar
Thanks for letting me know. I have an idea of why you’re seeing this. I’m working on WP Portfolio to fix another bug, so I’ll add code to ensure tables are created too.
I’ll update this thread when I’ve committed the new version.
Dan
Hi Sheila
We’re looking into this, thanks for the bug report.
Could you tell me your website too please?
Thanks
DanCould you share a link to your site please?
Thanks
DanHi Frederick
Found the answer with a bit of experimentation. Sharing my answer for the benefit of others:
To use the CDN for other files outside the normal WordPress file structure, you need to add the path to the CDN option in W3TC.
- Go to the CDN page in settings
- Find the Advanced section
- Find ‘Custom file list:’
- Add your path to it. e.g. mine was
wp-content/imagecache/ - Save! (and flush page cache)
Thanks
DanYou should see a new menu called WP Portfolio. That’s where you add the details of a new website.
If you want thumbnails generated automatically, you’ll need to register for ShrinkTheWeb.com
Dan