Dan Harrison
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Wordpress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] SQL ErrorThis is in the FAQ. Use the ‘Force Table Upgrade’ in the settings.
Kind Regards
DanForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Wordpress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] Error Showing Thumbnail ErrorHi Lisa
Could we keep the discussions to 1 thread please? It’s now over 3 threads, which is getting hard to track.
If you want me to take a look, I’m going to have to charge you a fee. User-specific support requests takes me away from work that pays the bills.
I suggest you work your way through the FAQs:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-portfolio/faq/One of the FAQs is about user permissions, which, based on a quick attempt to access an image, indicates you’ve not set the permissions for the directory correctly. (Accessing a thumbnail image: http://02dc160.netsolhost.com/lisalibutti/wp/wp-content/wp-portfolio/cache//3ff27e13dadd74eccf3de62f0dd99490_587d1a189407ed759a1283ff7d4569d3.jpg – produces a 403 forbidden message).
Since you’ve not pasted any error messages from the thumbnail log, I can’t help much further.
So for further help, I’d need to take a specific look at your installation. So after payment for the support is paid, I’ll also need WP admin and FTP details from you. If you’ve still got an issue, email me via: wpdoctors.co.uk/contact/ and I’ll send a Paypal payment request.
Regards
DanYou’d have to clone the WordPress database from the old site, there’s no feature to export or import websites currently.
Kind Regards
DanForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Wordpress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] Error Showing Thumbnail ErrorHi Lisa
If you’re seeing that error, you’re still using ShrinkTheWeb by not having a custom thumbnail set up correctly for that site.
I can take a look, but I’ve had to start introducing a fee for support. If it’s a bug with WP Portfolio, I’ll refund the support fee.
Your error is different from the original poster, and has already been resolved:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-portfolio-plugin-wp-portfolio?replies=12Kind Regards
DanThis was due to a problem with your STW account, having verified with the STW team.
To help others, if you get this error: “other_error – Data from STW was empty.” – then check your STW Account by logging in. If there are problems with your STW account, it will show up in your dashboard.
The FAQ will be updated to cover this on the next update.
Thanks!
DanForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Wordpress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] Error Showing Thumbnail ErrorI’ve checked with Brandon at STW, and the plugin is doing what it should be doing. That change is just for embedded data and not for XML requests, which is what the plugin does.
Basically I’d need to see the error messages being shown on your website to be able to determine what’s going on. Unfortunately, you’ve not given me quite enough detail to be able to diagnose what’s going on.
Ideally, I need the full error message being shown in the error logs, but to start with, your site URL would help.
Regards
Dandan.harrison@ π or wpdoctors.co.uk/contact
Dan
Hi Carol
Could you drop me an email please (via wpdoctors.co.uk) with your WP admin login details? Might be easier if I just take a peek at what’s going on!
Dan
Hi Carol
Hosting companies tweak and change settings all the time, so things do change.
You’ll get the error each time it tries to fetch a thumbnail (usually externally from the host but not always). If you change the thumbnail caching setting period to unlimited, then new thumbnails will only show when you refresh them.
Kind Regards
DanHi Carol
That’s a security issue with your host.
If you’re happy enough to edit files, edit thumbnailer.inc.php and change on line 575:
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
to
//curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);(or just remove that line completely.
See if that helps.
Dan
Hello
Thanks for your message. Only just spotted this support request.
That’s really odd that you’re having the issue, as the plugin should create the table, even when forced. The code is correct, so there appears to be a niggle preventing it from working. You did the right thing by trying to force the table upgrade.
Here’s the SQL you can execute to add the missing column. wp_WPPortfolio_websites must be the name of your websites database table.
ALTER TABLE wp_WPPortfolio_websites ADD displaylink VARCHAR( 10 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'show_link';Kind Regards
DanProbably something to do with floats. Post the URL with the social icons on it, and I’ll see if I can help.
Dan
Hello
Thanks for the suggestion on custom fields. Definitely would be a good idea. I’ll add it to the list. Currently I’m dealing with the Christmas rush with clients, so will add it when I can.
Where are you trying to put the social icons? Within the description of a website? Or within the page? The former – the plugin is not designed for that, so I’d expect issues. For the latter, it’s likely to be a CSS issue.
Thanks
DanHi Lauren
Please create a new thread if this is an issue with WP Portfolio (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-portfolio/). It’s not good practice to hijack another thread by talking about a different issue.
If the theme has a portfolio feature, then there might be confusion what’s going on.
For debugging work like this, I do have to charge, and I have slots available in 3 weeks (very busy currently).
Regards
DanI’m hoping to remove this in the next update anyway π
Dan