Nik
Forum Replies Created
-
@duisterdenhaag – yes of course I have… as I’ve mentioned in the OP and several times since π
It uses the email in Settings > General.
As mentioned above, I don’t believe that is (always) true. I have 3 admin addresses listed under Settings > General (also saved under admin_email in the database) and Events Manager is using none of them (ie. a completely different email address).
It may well be that having 3 admin email addresses is causing some confusion for Events Manager but it’s still managing to find a default email address from somewhere OTHER than the general admin address(es).
Yes, if you leave those fields blank, the default email of your blog is used.
Hmm… I’m not sure this is (always?) true. I actually have 3 admin email addresses associated with this site (saved under admin_email in the database) and the email address Events Manager is defaulting to is NONE of these so it must be getting its information from elsewhere.
Thank you for the suggestion of your plug-in which I might try as a last resort, although it surely shouldn’t be necessary to install another plug-in just to change the address from which emails get sent ;-
It’s a single site…
Events > Settings > Email > Email settings – Notification sender name and Notification sender email are currently blank and the emails are currently being sent (presumably by default) from admin@mysite.com. I’m trying to change it to events@mysite.com
If I use WP Mail it has no effect ie. emails are still sent from admin@mysite.com.
If I use SMTP Mail the email fails (despite the settings being the same as used fro Easy SMTP which we use elsewhere on the site.
I therefore need to know either, how the default email is being calculated OR how to make SMTP Mail work…
Hi Andrew
Many thanks for getting back to me so promptly and confirming that at least I haven’t overlooked anything!
I did also consider the CSS option but for now at least, have decided to simply edit the core file (commenting out the parts I don’t need). Obviously it’s not ideal but I always keep a back up and will of course compare/update if necessary if/when the plug-in gets updated.
Would be great if you did ever consider this as an additional feature though. The export is so flexible, it’s a shame (and a bit of a surprise) that what gets shown on-screen isn’t so much.
Still a great plug-in overall though and many thanks for your support.
Thank you again Andrew. As far as I can see, the renew link will only show up if it’s a one-time rather than a recurring membership, but that’s actually OK as I think the one-time model will probably suit my clients’ needs a little better anyway.
So… membership level will run for a fixed 12 month period from sign-up. Members will get a reminder to renew prior to the expiry date, as well as on expiry. As I understand it, if they renew before the expiry date, they’ll get another 12 months added on after the expiry date… which is all good.
My only problem is with members who “renew” after the expiry date. Ideally I would like the start of the 12 month period to be “back dated” to the end of the previous expiry date eg.
Member signs up for 12 month level from 1st May 2018 to 30th April 2019 but he doesn’t “renew” his membership until 15th May 2019. Ideally I would like this new (or extended) membership to run for 12 months from 1st May 2019 (when it should have been renewed) and NOT for 12 months from 15th May 2019 (or whatever date he happens to purchase it).
I’ve seen quite a few code examples which extend the expiry date but none that seem to address quite this particular issue of BACK-dating it, although I’m thinking that possibly something along the lines of –
add_filter( ‘pmpro_checkout_level’, ‘pmpro_find_a_way_to_change_expiry_date’);
might work… and/or I guess I might need to change the start date too?
I would be very grateful if you could let me know if I’m heading in the right direction and/or any other suggestion to achieve what I need.
With many thanks in advance.
Many thanks again Andrew… but HOW does a member “manually process a renewal”? Will a link appear on their account page or…?
Sorry if it’s a stupid question… I’m just getting used to PMPro having struggled for months with a different plug-in. Really liking what I see so far but just need to get my head around some of the basics π
Note: please ignore the bit about dates. I think I gave a bad example originally but PMPro already does exactly what I need in that respect.
Thank you Andrew.
Unfortunately I don’t think I explained this one very well.
Currently my clients have an offline system with a membership level which runs for 12 months, at the end of which, the members are sent an invoice for the next 12 month period (ie. immediately following the expiry of the previous period) and as long as they pay within 30 days, they have continued access to membership facilities.
I’m trying to find a way to mirror this as closely as possible in PMPro, but slightly complicated by the fact that some members prefer to pay by cheque/bank transfer or one-off PayPal payment.
As far as I can see, what they want is actually a “recurring” membership but without forcing members to set up recurring payments in PayPal. And therefore what I am trying to figure out is what happens with a recurring membership at the end of the first 12 month period if the member has NOT signed up for recurring payments through PayPal. Do they get a email reminder and/or an invoice (or page) with a link to pay?
(Yes I see I could set up the membership level to actually expire after 12 months but, long story short, this might mean that members who don’t use the site so regularly and therefore only renew a month or so after expiry of their previous membership would only be paying a the fee every 13 months (or more), instead of every 12 months! Not sure if that makes better sense but either way… I would prefer to be using a recurring membership system if there’s a way to make it work.)
With many thanks again for any thoughts
NikThank you Andrew.
What you describe sounds as if it would work but I actually found what I feel is a slightly neater way by using the Register Helper to create a check out box (“myprofile”) containing the fields I wanted to hide to logged in users, then creating my own checkout.php template (in my child theme of course), ie. copy of standard template but adding the line –
pmprorh_add_checkout_box("myprofile", "Profile Details")… within the clause which starts
if(!$skip_account_fields && !$pmpro_review)Fingers crossed, seems to be working so far… and just might perhaps be useful for anyone attempting something similar.
Hi Leo
Of course I don’t mind… and thank you. I am already using the “User Role Editor” plug-in so although I’ve yet to check the add-on you mention, I guess that could work.
Would still be good to find a solution that only relies on PMPro/Buddypress Add-On though. It’s frustrating (and slightly odd) that it works for other pages but not those designated by Buddypress π
Regards
NikForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Membership 2] Recurring MembershipsHi again
Thank you and OK I think I am beginning to understand, however, MS_PAYMENT_DELAY doesn’t seem to be working as I would expect ie.
In wp-config I set – define(‘MS_PAYMENT_DELAY’, 5);
I add a member to a one week membership (12th to 19th August) then change the dates so it is due to expire yesterday (ie. 4th to 11th August). The membership status immediately changes to “Expired (no access)”.
Surely the member should still have access for another 5 days?
Is this perhaps because I am changing the dates manually (it takes so long to check things if I don’t!) or am I still not understanding how MS_PAYMENT_DELAY is designed to work?
Regards
NikForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Membership 2] Recurring MembershipsHi Oguz
Sorry but I’m still not clear about the difference between the MS_PAYMENT_DELAY and the “grace period”.
You said above that
the invoice is generated 5 days before the expiry date. But you can define a constant MS_PAYMENT_DELAY in the wp-config.php to add more days on top of the 5 days.
From this I understand that MS_PAYMENT_DELAY relates to the invoice and how long before expiry it is generated.
Whereas the comments in the code state that –
The grace-period extends the subscriptions active stage by the given number of days to allow payment gateways some extra time to report any payments, before actually expiring the subscription.
Please can you explain the difference between the two?
Also if it helps, this is what I want to achieve –
Invoice is available to pay 1 month (or 30 days) PRIOR to expiry.
Members also have 1 month (or 30 days) AFTER expiry to pay the invoice before access is denied.The membership is 1 year recurring but some members will be paying either manually or PayPal Single payments so we can’t assume that payment on expiry date will be automatic.
Really, really hoping you can help with this as it is taking far, far too long to resolve what I feel sure are very basic requirements.
With many thanks in advance
Nik- This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Nik.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Membership 2] Recurring MembershipsThank you for your reply although I’d be grateful if you could clarify (note: if it makes any difference, this is a recurring membership I am trying to create)…
1. Am I right in understanding that MS_PAYMENT_DELAY sets the number of days BEFORE the expiry date that an invoice will be generated? ie. let’s say I set it to 5, then the invoice would be created 10 days (instead of the default of 5) prior to the expiry date?
2. Is the default MS_PAYMENT_DELAY always 5 days or does it vary depending on duration of the membership eg. 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year etc? And if so, what are the different default figures? (This would be useful to know so that I can test the system generally.)
3. I’m sure I read somewhere that it was possible to set a “grace period” which would give members a chance to pay the invoice within, say, 10 days AFTER the expiry date without having to “re-start” their membership. Is this correct/possible?
4. In testing, I manually added an existing member to a monthly membership and set their status to “Pending next payment”. An invoice was created (as I would expect) but although it was dated today (30th July), the “due date” is showing as 29th August (ie. one month from now). Surely this is incorrect and the due date for a new membership should be the same date as the day the invoice is created?
Note: if I sign up as a new user and select the same membership, the invoice and due date are both 30th July which is what I would expect so don’t understand why this isn’t happening when I’m adding someone manually. (I have a lot of existing users who I’m going to have to add to this new membership manually so it’s important to get this right.)
With many thanks again
NikForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Membership 2] Allow a member to edit membersJust wanted to say thank you so much for this and I’m so glad I persisted because I’ve finally got at least one solution which really does seem to work… and hopefully might be useful to others in a similar situation too π
Warm regards
NikForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Membership 2] PayPal Standard Gateway – One payment for date range accessHi @nastia
Thank you for your reply although I really don’t see how it can be coming from PayPal! How would PayPal “know” to say something like βΒ£30 GBP for 90 daysβ if it wasn’t receiving some information from the plugin. Not mention the fact that if it IS coming from PayPal, how is that same message miraculously fixed when renewing?
Oh and of course, finite access period memberships are never renewed anyway π
I’ve no idea what the “payment gateway period” is (I’m guessing that’s something that comes from the plugin and perhaps we could override?) but for now at least… yes we’ve had to resort to using PayPal Standard which isn’t ideal, but at least it works.
Warm regards
Nik