Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 93 total)
  • Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Looking at this again, unless I’m very much mistaken, the reason the above code doesn’t work is because it is filtering on get_current_user_id() and if I’m logged in as Super Admin, it’s not MY id it should be checking but the id of the user I’m trying to allow to remain as a member AND have editor/admin rights.

    All I want to do is stop Membership 2 from removing a user from all memberships when I allocate them to an admin/editor role. Surely it can’t be that difficult? 😉

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Hi @oguz

    Well this certainly looked promising (I’d tried something similar myself) but it didn’t work 🙁

    I’m not sure why I needed to add the clause is_multisite, since my site isn’t multisite(!) but I tried both with and without editing that line.

    Here is what I did –

    Allocate membership to user
    Allocate “Editor” permissions to user
    User’s membership is immediately deleted/removed and cannot be re-assigned until I remove the permission

    Any suggestions?

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Hi Oguz

    What I am looking for is the code that identifies a user as admin (so I can examine what criteria need to be met) and preferably the code that dictates whether or not a user can be added to a certain membership (or needs to be removed). Surely there can’t be that many different places these things are set?

    This is critical to us, to the point where even after all this time, we may not be able to use the plug-in at all if it can’t be resolved.

    Regards
    Nik

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Hi Oguz

    Yes… next step is to wait overnight! At least in my case, it seemed that all the subscriptions were set back to “pending” at around midnight… hence lots of annoyed users locked out by the time I logged in the next morning 😉

    Regards
    Nik

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Hi Oguz

    I see what you mean from a limitation point of view, however, in the REAL world, most/all clubs have certain individuals who act as administrators but are still members of that club, need to pay subscriptions etc.

    In my case for example, there is a treasurer and a chairman – they record payments/update members records etc but they’re both also members of the club and pay the annual subscription fee etc.

    Are you really saying the there is no way of overriding things so that they can keep their membership AND administer other members?

    Or if you don’t know of a way, can you at least point me in the direction of the code that prevents an admin from joining a membership and perhaps I can override it myself? 😉

    Regards
    Nik

    PS. I realise worst case scenario, I will have to create a separate Admin account which they log into just for editing memberships, but for various reasons, I really do not want to go down this route. Using the User Role Editor I have a achieved a very fine level of tuning admin permissions for pretty much every other aspect of the site and really find it hard to believe that Membership 2 offers no option to filter similarly.

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Hi @oguz

    Thank you and I think this could work but it looks as if this sends an email to admin whereas I want to send it to the user.

    Presumably I could change the line –

    
    $email_to = get_option( 'admin_email' );

    to

    $email_to = $member->email;

    Or something along those lines?

    Regards
    Nik

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Hi Oguz

    We are using Membership 2 alongside Buddypress, so I’m not sure what you mean by changing your email address “on Membership 2” but the only place our users are likely to edit their email address is in their Buddypress profile (which is linked directly to the standard WordPress email address field).

    To replicate the issue –

    Sign up for a membership through Membership 2
    Change your WordPress user email address or in Buddypress if you have it installed (which effectively be the same thing)

    The email address stored in the user meta field ms_email does not get updated and remains as originally set.

    Furthermore, it seems that if/when that person signs up for a second membership, Membership 2 uses the email address stored in ms_mail and re-sets the WordPress user email address back to what it was originally too!

    I really can’t understand why Membership 2 needs to store an email address in its own field anyway, but if it really must, it absolutely has to be updated when the default WordPress user email address is updated!

    Regards
    Nik

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Hi @oguz

    I checked the possibilities but looks like it’s not possible to send an email when user select “Manual” payment for the current version of Membership 2

    I don’t believe this is true. If a user is signing up for the first time and selects “Manual” payment option, they still receive the email “Sign-up user account created” and the email “Subscription completed with payment” when admin marks their payment as paid.

    However, what I need is to be able to send out an email when an existing member signs up for a different membership (and before they’ve actually paid for it). If there’s a filter/hook for that, I’d be grateful to know.

    Regards
    Nik

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    OK I have been doing some more testing and it seems this existed as an issue in earlier versions too!

    Same question applies though… why are the same email options not available for both default and individual membership settings?

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Hi @oguz

    OK that could work whilst adding existing members however… there will also be new members who sign up themselves and will need a PayPal option too.

    Could I use the Force default gateway just whilst adding the existing members and then remove it/activate PayPal payments, so that new users can choose whether to pay by PayPal or Pay Manually?

    Regards
    Nik

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    @nastia

    Oh dear… I just knew there would be another issue.

    It seems that once multiple memberships are activated, there is no option to create an invoice when Admin manually signs someone up to a second membership 🙁

    OK so it’s still possible to sign them up and THEN create an invoice separately (but that involves entering dates, price etc. to manually create an invoice for each and every member) which is just not practical in the circumstances.

    Any thoughts?
    Nik

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Hi @oguz

    In that case, is there no way of setting a default gateway (ie. preferably manual payment) for manually issued invoices, so that the “Mark as Paid” option would appear?

    I’m sure I read some code somewhere that suggested it was possible but can’t find it now!

    Regards
    Nik

    PS. I tried checking “Force default gateway” but this didn’t seem to make any difference at all.

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Hi @nastia

    I’m not sure how to upload a screenshot here but perhaps I can describe a little better –

    If a user signs up for a membership and selects “Manual Payment”, an invoice is automatically generated and when Admin views the list of invoices, they can simply hover over an invoice and a link appears to “Mark as Paid”.

    If admin manually adds a user to a membership and manually generates an invoice, it appears in the Admin list of invoices but there is no link to “Mark as Paid”. The only way to do that is to open the individual invoice and change the status there.

    This is especially important to us as we need to manually add about 200 existing users (some of whom have already paid and some of whom have not). It’s bad enough that we have to go through and individually generate an invoice for each of them but then to ALSO have to go back and open each invoice individually to mark it as paid is time consuming to say the least!

    At least if the “Mark as Paid” link appeared for the manually generated invoices, Admin would have a much quicker job just to scroll down the list and click the relevant invoices (rather than having to open each one individually).

    Therefore my questions are… Is there any particular reason why the “Mark as Paid” option doesn’t appear for manually generated invoices? And is there any way of forcing it to do so?

    With many thanks in advance.
    Nik

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Thank you so much @nastia! I was confused because it seemed I could add multiple memberships in the back-end even without that option enabled(!) but enabling it makes things work as expected in the front end too.

    I am becoming increasingly hopeful I can actually make this work for my client but will continue testing. Fingers crossed 😉

    Warm regards
    Nik

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Sorry guys… I have another query related to this.

    As above, I mentioned that it used to be possible to mark an invoice as paid simply by hovering over an invoice in the Billing page and the option “Mark as Paid” appeared, which was really useful and much quicker than having to open each invoice separately.

    I was advised that this was no longer possible but I’ve noticed that it IS still possible if a user selects their own membership but NOT if they are added manually and an invoice raised by admin. Is there any reason why the “Mark as Paid” option doesn’t appear for manually generated invoices and is there really no way of forcing it to appear?

    Regards
    Nik

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 93 total)