Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 replies - 91 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    @nastia… thank you again for your reply.

    > In order to sign in to a membership, the user needs to be registered on a site, so I am afraid it is not possible to stop member to sign in.

    That’s a shame as ideally they should not be able to log-in (at all) until their payment has been received and membership activated (which if we are waiting for manual payments, might be several days after they initially sign-up). Any suggestions on a way around this?

    With regard to BuddyPress, I am already using that integration and I understand that members can view the Activity page. I was referring to the fact that when a new member signs up, this doesn’t seem to get added to the Activity feed (ie. so members can’t see when a new member has joined)… at least as far as I can see…

    Warm regards
    Nik

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Hi @nastia

    Thank you so much and that worked perfectly!

    My next problem is how to stop a new member from actually signing in until their payment status has been marked as received, as the registration process seems to automatically create a new user and log them in (even though their actual membership is still pending). I’m guessing that’s a permissions thing I need to look at, unless there’s another setting in Membership 2 that I’ve missed…?

    For what it’s worth, it seems a great plug-in generally and works much better than many I’ve tried (or at least hopefully it will once I’ve got all the settings right).

    Warm regards
    Nik

    PS. It would be awesome if the plug-in could add to the BuddyPress Activity table when a new member signs up. I guess I may be able to figure out a way to code that myself but maybe something worth considering for the future?

    Thread Starter Nik

    (@nikbond)

    Oops… I really am going mad. Just in case anyone is having the same confusion, I notice that it’s now necessary to hover over the three bars on the right hand side to get the cursor to appear (which I believe is different to earlier versions… but hey, that’s just my excuse and I’m sticking to it).

Viewing 3 replies - 91 through 93 (of 93 total)