mediaseth
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: Disable Mobile Magazine BasicI just searched this issue again, and my own post from sixth months ago topped the results.
Any help at all, please?
I can’t seem to find help from any forum anywhere. If you think I’m asking a dumb question, teach me the right place to find the answer, myself?
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Magazine Basic] Disable mobile viewI’m also looking for a response to this question. I keep searching. Thank you.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: out of nowhere, site loads blank all urlsHostways FTP plugin won’t install in firefox at work. I’m limited. Anyone know of one I can d/l to an ancient school iMac from a site that likely won’t be blocked? π
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: out of nowhere, site loads blank all urlsEsmi – thanks for the response. Can I do that behind a public school firewall? I failed to get into my FTP.
Will doing so eliminate all customizations I made over several years? I’m so worried!
I’m very novice for someone who has been doing this a long time, but I know enough to know that I didn’t do anything overtly to cause the error. How do I prevent it in the future? Too much is riding on this site…
Thanks
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: out of nowhere, site loads blank all urlsMy host did something and now I get:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting ‘,’ or ‘;’ in /home/65/15/2931565/web/wp-includes/theme.php on line 93
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: out of nowhere, site loads blank all urlsThe same thing is happening to me. The recent comments widget is either very slow to update or does not. It’s hurting discussion for than it’s helping at the moment, and I may just get rid of it.
Any suggestions? Disqus experts?
Nevermind. Somehow the glitch went away on its own?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Did a search for how to remove RegisterThanks deepbevel! I got it. I’ll also check out firebug. I had a bunch of spammers and a few legit folks registering as users even though it allows them nothing – I use disqus comments. Now, maybe they won’t do that so much.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Did a search for how to remove RegisterMy site is http://lynnhappens.com
I don’t see what a browser add on has to do with it though?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Is it WP, my host, or something else?Thanks voodoo. I’ve found that disqus loads properly on all but the latest two posts on the site. I find that odd. I would think if server load had anything to do with it my results would not be so consistent. It’s clearly a matter of something being up with my latest two posts, even though they are simple and typical of my other posts.
Google weather.. I may just re-get the code or something..or put it away for now.
Disqus has answered my support question the same as you have. My hosting service has not gotten back to me yet.. that’s another issue!
The last time my host moved me to a new server (shared), it was fantastic. It’s probably overshared again and I’ll have to complain again that I’m going to switch hosts (hate playing that game) to get it fixed.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Is it WP, my host, or something else?It isn’t a coincidence that all three things broke at the same time?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Really Simple Share] broken, facebook like not workingSorry it’s such a headache, whiletrue. I’m using the older style facebook share button right now. It works fine and it still registers earlier ‘likes’. I’ll put back ‘like’ when facebook fixes it on their end.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Really Simple Share] broken, facebook like not workingUpdate. Whiletrue, 1.6.2 hasn’t fixed it. It’s the same probably yasinakgun mentioned.