mediaseth
Forum Replies Created
-
Do you have a list of known conflicts? It may make it easier for people in my situation to figure out whether or not we can use the calendar. The problem is that I require the remaining plugins I have running – unless I can find a suitable alternative.
No, not on this particular site.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] agenda view issuesI did not purchase core+, so how do I have super widget? I’m confused!
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] agenda view issuesHyperlocal journalism isn’t easy. I can only barely afford the core+ support. Do you think that will be enough support to fix things? I’m willing to pay if it’ll get it working..
Thanks,
SethI now have the same problem. I didn’t have it before. Unfortunately, I can not use this plugin, as much as I would like it to work, if I can only use it with a narrow selection of themes. I spent a lot of time inputting into this calendar, too.
I will keep it and add plugins IF we get it to work with Magazine Basic/Premium and work out these bugs. I deactivated a bunch of plugins, but I absolutely NEED the ones I left running. If it can not work in this configuration, I’m at a loss…
I appreciate what you are trying to do with the calendar and hope it can be worked out. If it’s some kind of configuration on our end, we need to know exactly now to configure things – even cut and paste code. Not all of us are experts, which is why we use wordpress in the first place. Thank you.
I just ran into this problem on an all english site using Magazine Premium. It occurred exactly after I solved the problem of expand collapse via + / – by eliminating sidebars on that page.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] agenda view issuesAlso, after doing this, + and – don’t work at all anymore and when I click “read more” it doesn’t drop down from the top anymore, which was formatted so much better. I like the superwidget better. How do we make the superwidget work?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] agenda view issuesI changed out the superwidget for the upcoming events widget and I can’t believe this – it now links to my top post rather than the calendar. can’t I just go into the code and fix this? Can you tell me how? So strange..
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] agenda view issuesSome of it is my theme interjecting its own “features” into the calendar. There are things that it automatically includes with posts, that I want it to include with posts, but that I do not want it to include in the calendar. I do not know how to fix that. In the time I have searched for other themes, I have not found one similar enough or customizable enough. All my past posts look awkwardly formatted and most of them double my images (show the featured image as well as the main images of all posts on the front page.)
I will work on this more when I have the time. thank you. I really hope to resolve it.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] agenda view issuesIt would be nice to have the calendar in both the sidebar and a page. Are you suggesting I should not do that? Since 2009, I’ve had a calendar that has worked that way – though I recently encountered formatting issues with that calendar as I expanded its content way too much. That’s what I like about your calendar – the collapsed agenda view allows it to work on a page, but my readership is used to it in the sidebar.
I really hope it’s not a theme conflict. I’d have to do a massive re-design, though it’s unfortunate I’ve become so theme-dependent. I wouldn’t know where to start looking. Where can I have two sidebars, post previews down the middle and two levels of menus at the top? Which other themes? How would I know that theme wouldn’t conflict? Also magazine basic is a very popular theme used by a lot of local news sites who would also really benefit from using your calendar!
ps – The source of the “COMMENTS” “comments” bug is my facebook commenting plugin. I need to figure out how to make it work only on regular posts and not appear at all in the calendar.
Thanks
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] agenda view issuesOne thing that will make troubleshooting this problem difficult is its intermittent nature. It works for a while before it “breaks” and in a few cases, started working again. I won’t immediately be able to tell which plugin is causing the conflict, if it is a plugin.
Speaking of – I’m using a caching plugin – could it be a matter of the page caching?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Theme options have no effectAdditionally, when I click the drop-down for agenda view, calendar view, etc, the menu only works one or two times. It then doesn’t respond to the mouse anymore, much like the expand/collapse stops responding. I’ve now had this issue replicated on mac and pc, firefox and chrome.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Theme options have no effectThanks. I want to change the background color for the day’s events from pale yellow to something else. I noticed that the colors did change on the full calendar view, and that i need to go back and choose better ones for that. I was just surprised the did not also change for the agenda view.
Thanks
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] can't get the word "comments" to go awayThanks for your response.
I’m using the super widget for the sidebar and embed code for the page because I want one calendar category in its own page, eventually. It is also having issues with my social share buttons, as in agenda view they are a part of every event, yet they all register for any page shares – they do not seem to be tied to any particular event.
Another weird thing is when I click “read more” on an event in the widget, it doesn’t take me to that specific event but to the whole calendar page, UNLESS I click directly on the event in the widget and not the pop-up “read more” button. I think that will confuse users.
I’m at work now and don’t have all the time I need to check for conflicts, but I’m not running too many widgets I can disable and I’m kind of dependent on my theme. It’s going to be tough if those are the reasons and I suspecting the them may be part of it. But magazine basic is very common, right?
Thanks,
SethForum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Magazine Basic] Disable mobile viewI did this, and it worked. However, I have a new feature. I see the “hamburger” (lines) and search icon on the upper left of desktop view. The search actually works up there, but I’d like the “hamburger” to go away and lack the ability to do it, myself. All I did was copy/paste the changes suggested above. Thanks.