mediaseth
Forum Replies Created
-
Thank you!!
By ignore, I mean it is not highlighted in the drop-down of categories and therefore is not listed automatically. Especially by this spring, I will need Theatre listed automatically. We have a local theatre group with a show coming up.
The page I can not change includes the cat id’s in the url – http://lynnhappens.com/calendar-3/cat_ids~2234,2232,2236,2235,2241,2233,2237,2238,2239/
The page I made with shortcode is http://lynnhappens.com/beta-calendar/ and the shortcode is [ai1ec view=”agenda” cat_name=”community,DJ,Event,Fundraiser,Government,Karaoke,Live music,Open mic,Sports,Theatre”]
I added that shortcode to the first page, but I think it is just ignoring it for the cat_ids
The category it is ignoring is Theatre.
Thank you! However, I went into the Plugins editor in the wordpress CMS and I can’t find the right file. I may not be as experienced as either of you. How do I find the file to edit? How do I tell in the image you shared which text is the new text? Do you have it in text form so I can just copy and paste or is that not advisable? Sorry for being difficult, but I don’t feel comfortable at this level.
Well, because I could not get it to work with the Upcoming Events widget, I used the calendar’s “Widget Creator.” I also tried it with shortcode, but the formatting was not as side-bar friendly.
I had a number of other issues as well, so I have the bare minimum of plugins running to make my site function properly right now.
I turned the widget off on most pages. It is mainly for the front page.
I had to switch the calendar page (made by using the shortcode) to streamview to get it to behave properly, also. It’s one of the two free add-ons.
I just have two problems left to fix, now – the one in this discussion and not being able to edit event categories.
I feel I am close to making this work.. I hope!
My site is LynnHappens.com. The full calendar page is under “Beta Calendar” for now and the widget is all the way on the bottom left. My old calendar plugin is still live because there are too many events entered..
Kees, if you find a solution, please report it here. I have the same problem and I have not been able to identify a conflict that is causing it.
If I am able to fix it, I’ll report back here as well.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] "Item not updated"I am not very familiar with databases. I don’t know how I can recreate categories. If I delete the existing categories, will I lose all of the events I spent so much time entering? If I create new categories, can I edit those events to align with the new categories? What if I create categories with the same names?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] "Item not updated"I’m able to add a new event category, but I can not change or edit in any way any field in existing event categories.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Browser refresh breaks some functionsThanks,
Here’s what I was able to figure out last night – A few things are working better.
1. My original issue with expand/collapse not working on agenda view is solved by using the “stream” and “month” views as the only options. I have it on stream by default and I like it. I can also bump off my theme’s “read more” button just by having enough content in the event page.
2. The widget is turned off on the “beta calendar” page and some other pages, as well. It is primarily just for the front page – but we’ll see if I keep it. I may create a sidebar banner to draw more attention to the calendar page instead.
That leaves me with just one problem – not being able to change category theme colors, which I will respond to in that thread. Thank you for your patience.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Browser refresh breaks some functionsUPDATE:
Changed it to “Upcoming Events” widget. There’s a “Read more” button that just takes me to the top of my web site again. To see the event, I have to click on the original square not the pop up square with the “Read more.” So, it is still broken, unfortunately. π
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Browser refresh breaks some functionsI’m sorry, but I don’t think your answer and my question match exactly. We may not be understanding each other.
I don’t have anything that is called a “super widget.” It is called “widget creator.”
I want to have a sidebar with upcoming events and a page with the calendar. I’ve always had that with my old calendar plugin. I first used the “widget creator” for that. I’m now using the shortcode, but then there are formatting issues. The sidebar test version is way at the bottom left.
I can, however, do a full width page so the sidebar is not included on the page, but it will make an advertiser unhappy.
I don’t know what you mean when you ask “read more work or not?”
How do I get the version to work that drops the event down from the top of the screen?
Why can’t I edit my category colors anymore?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Browser refresh breaks some functionsSorry, I didn’t mean to apply you meant to ask money to fix the problem, just that I was hesitant to pay to qualify for a higher level of support.
I used the “widget creator.” Is that what you mean by super widget?
I tried it again with shortcode in the sidebar and it’s not functioning as well as with the widget creator code. For example, instead of dropping down from the top, the full view goes to a page. I don’t like that because the formatting isn’t as good. It’s not as clean looking and easy to use.
I also have a sidebar that is too narrow for just using the shortcode, but if I widen it, I comprise other areas too much.
If I’m understanding this correctly, I can not use the widget creator at the same time as the full page?
Also, the “read more” button that my theme inserts into the widget area under both circumstances only leads to the top of the page again. However, I can not eliminate it, because I need it for regular posts.
I would like to work with you, and then to purchase the facebook plugin so people can share events, or maybe some other add-ons, because I think this calendar is great if it can work..
Thanks
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Browser refresh breaks some functionsOne more thing – it’s not always the browser refresh that breaks it.
More specifically, the pick a date/month function, categories and tags still work up above. It’s ONLY the Collapse All / Expand All and the drop down to change from Agenda / Month etc. that break. Constantly. The + – on the individual events also break.
The superwidget is working. I’m only annoyed that I can’t take the “read more” my theme insets out of it because it links back to the top of the site rather than to the event. Clicking on the listing (rather than the pop-up) does work.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Browser refresh breaks some functionsEdit – the trick is only working for me in Chrome, now. Nevermind.
I was asked to pay to get further support. I will only pay if I get a word that support absolutely will fix the problem and with the magazine premium theme. It’s a popular enough theme. It would be worth your while in general to figure out that issue.
Furthermore, I can’t change category colors when editing categories. The changes don’t stick. Yes, I’m clicking save.
Thanks, and I wouldn’t be trying so hard to make it work if it wasn’t the best calendar I could find and if I hadn’t slready spent so much time entering events.
Interesting – but easy fix. I went into settings, and without even changing anything saved settings again and… no more error!