mediaseth
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Plugin: WP-Weather] Won’t pull dataI switched plugins after I couldn’t get it to work. I like the look of this one better, but the old one had more detail. I wonder if somewhere there’s a best of both worlds.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Plugin: WP-Weather] Won’t pull dataIt was working fine for me until tonight. Now, all the fields are there, just no info to fill them. I can’t seem to fix it. I’m wondering if their feed is just down? I didn’t do anything that could have effected it. And, I’m counting down the minutes until I remove it or find a new one..
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: changing wrapper color effects inside, not outsideThanks everyone! Esmi, your code did the trick! Now, to work on the sidebars..
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: PHP Function date() being manipulated by WP?What does it mean to comment a line? It seems I may have to do that. WP knows the correct time and date, but the front page is five hours off!
I haven’t had a lot of time to deal with this. I’m still “stuck” in this situation and I’ve been pouring over everything to try to find what I missed. But to be honest. I have all the settings correct.
AND to add insult to injury, it has gone from being four hours off on the front page to five. However, the main back-end and all post dates and times remain correct.
Now, I’m practically begging on my knees for help..
Still no luck! I tried setting the time zone incorrectly to compensate, and it seems to make no difference to the front page.
Posts are still being logged as the correct time in date, in spite of the fact that the front page is now moving to the next day five hours early.
Why would the front page be five hours ahead of the rest of the blog, which knows the correct time according to the settings page?
I’m glad I’m not the only one. It’s really a big deal because one of the primary functions of my site is the events calendar.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Database connection fail after months of workingThanks MichaelH, I did in fact try logging into my control panel and that failed as well. After an unproductive hour on hold, the problem went away as mysteriously as it appeared. It must have been an issue on the host’s end somewhere. It was just a bad time of day for my site to go down, when I’m trying to build it up right now following a lot of successful local election coverage!!
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Haven’t found the right ad pluginNot exactly. WP-Insert seems to have improved with the latest update. I can list pages to exclude now, though I haven’t tried yet.
Other plugins, such as the calendar I use, just generate a little tag that you insert in a post and there it is. That’s how I want to place my in-page and in-post ads. It would also be nice if they rotated. I found something _close_ but for some reason it would not work for me. Perhaps it’s an issue with the “magazine-basic” theme.
With the exception of three small ad buttons, I use my sidebars for other things and have no room for other widgets.
If only I knew how to code!