Dougal Campbell
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Breaking Search with index page hackAfter the code above in your my-hacks file, try adding this:
<pre></pre>
// Unset $cat if searching:
if (isset($s))
$cat = '';
Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: URI’s being bothchedYes, the bug about ‘id=’ being removed from URIs has been fixed in CVS.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: PHP variable scope headacheWhen you do something like
include 'directory/news.php';, you are pulling the file from the file system into the currently executing PHP code.
When you give a full url likeinclude 'http://www.blablabla.net/path/to/blog/index.php?cat=x';, PHP is requesting the file over the network, which means that it’s executing under a separate web request, then the results of that execution are included.
Check your web server logs, and you’ll see those extra requests showing up.Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: Wishlist for WP 1.1Do you mean a sort of archives page that lists posts by category first, then date, instead of just by date alone?
That will be trickier now that WordPress supports multiple categories. But you could just list each post under every category that it’s tagged for.
I’m mulling it over…. If I get time to come up with some working code today, I’ll let you know.Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Happy Birthday Dougal!Awwwww, thanks π
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Photomatt’s ABBR HackAnother problem with that code is that it breaks on recursive acronyms, like “GNU” (GNU’s Not Unix) or “PHP” (PHP Hypertext Processor). This can generally be worked around by changing the case of the definition. e.g. “Php Hypertext Processor”.
Getting it to stop molesting links is a more interesting problem. You could take the approach I used (which I borrowed from Simon Willison) in my WordPress Text filters.Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Frustrating upgrade problemettethe error may actually be on the line before. Try looking back a little bit, and make sure you don’t have any missing quotes or semicolons.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: b2 import now working in 1.01?I think that most b2 upgraders who have problems run in to trouble because they’ve either forgotten to set the proper prefix in their wp-config file, or because they somehow had started out with non-standard table names.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Image uploadDouble-check your fileupload_realpath and fileupload_url options. If you’re sure the values look correct, make sure they don’t contain any stray trailing whitespace.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Ugh. I hate this so much.tennyoaisu, you *did* point your browser at wp-admin/upgrade.php right?
Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: the_category()Sure. If a list has only one item, it’s still a list. A list of one item. It has the potential to contain more than one item.
Now, if the list has zero items, we start getting into some real philosophy πForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: little problems on posted preformated elementsIf you already format all of your posts with proper HTML, you can edit the wp-includes/vars.php file, and at the bottom, comment out the line that says:
add_filter('the_content', 'wpautop');
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: table_prefix hardcoded in template-functions.phpFixed in CVS.
Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: Request: kses.php modifications for allowed tagsYes the p tag definitely should have been in there. I’ve added a couple others, as well.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Best News Reader/BlogThis?aris: I don’t know why you have those problems with Zempt. That’s what I use for testing the MovableType API, and excerpts and post editing both work. In fact, just about everything works (except for things not currently supported by WordPress, such as keywords and per-post text filters).