Dougal Campbell
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Excerpt question for article publishingOh, but it still ate some of the code. There are supposed to be <b>2</b> dashes after the exclamation marks and before the closing angle brackets.
less-than, bang, dash, dash, ‘more’, dash, dash, greater-thanForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Excerpt question for article publishingWhat ragey tried to say was to do something like this:
Here is my excerpt text. Blah blah blah….
<!–more–>
And here is the rest of the full text of my
article, where I expound on the poetic
qualities of Play-Doh…
<!–nextpage–>
But my article is really long, so it requires…
<!–nextpage–>
several pages.
πForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Three columns layout?If you understand what ragey was saying about using an iframe, then you might want to look at this other thread, which will explain how to get your news category into the iframe and leave the other categories in the main page.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: sorting & categoriesThere’s some SuperSecret stuff you can do to achieve this. At risk to my own life, I’m going to pass some of those secrets on to you….
Let’s say you’ve got a category named “Internal” with cat_ID 6, and you don’t want to display Internal posts on your main page… Edit your ‘index.php’ template, and hear the top, just before the <b>require_once(‘blog.header.php’);</b>, insert a new line that says <b>$cat=’-6′;</b>. This will suppress category 6 in your main page.
Now, to make a new page that <i>only</i> shows category 6, make a copy of index.php, named, oh, let’s say ‘internal.php’. At the top of that template, insert a line that says <b>$cat=’6′;</b> (instead of the negative 6 that we put in the main template).
I’ve only played with this a little bit, myself, so I’m not sure if there are any quirks.Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Permanent links & search1) Matt is revamping the permalink scheme for WordPress. He’s planning a much nicer system where permalinks will be highly configurable.
2) What kind of problems are you having with search?
3) Yes, we’re working on it πForum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Movable Type – to – WordPressDon’t worry, things aren’t halting. They’ve been a little slower, but there has been pretty steady development going on behind the scenes. Some of us are trying to tidy up some new code and gear things up for a new release. We don’t have a target date yet, it shouldn’t be *too* much longer.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: got problem when i postingThere are other files you might want to check for trailing whitespace:
b2-include/b2template.functions.php
b2-include/b2vars.php
b2-include/b2functions.php
wp-admin/b2verifauth.php
Make sure that none of those have stray whitespace at the end. (they shouldn’t unless you’ve edited them, though….)Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Links to use title as alt and title… Read to ‘gFor some reason, in Mozilla, your content is shifted left, so that the first few letters of all your entries get cut off by the edge of the browser window.
Oh, wait — I think I see why….. You’re attempting to do horizontal centering with auto-margins. But your content is wider than my browser window (680px of content plus 210px of menu, plus the box-model stuff). If I make my window wider, I get everything.
But I don’t want to make my browser window wider π
You might want to consider making your content div about 100px narrower?Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Does editing entries turn off textile?!Yeah, I think everybody is busy…. Matt has recently started a new full-time job, plus he’s had some musical gigs. Mike Little and I both have kids, plus for those of us in the U.S.A., it was just a holiday weekend π
I can’t speak for our European teammates, but I’m sure that they have had non-WP things keeping them busy, as well.Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: Feature RequestPHPosxom:
http://www.celsius1414.com/phposxom/index.php
I haven’t looked at it, so I can’t do more than provide the link πForum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: Echo?I’m loosely following it. Once the new format is finalized, we’ll be adding support.
Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Another DB issueDid you mean to say “b2config.php”? The current code is using “wp-config.php”.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Textile wierdnessIs it because there’s no space between the ‘MM’ and the parenthesis?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Date not showing on every postFrom the documentation:
<?php the_date() ?>
the date of the post. example: 03.07.01 (default is dd.mm.yy).
the date is displayed only on new days. for example if you got 10 posts on the same day, the date for this day is displayed only once.
And then in the notes below….
Note about the_date(): if you want all your posts to bear the date, you’ll have to use the_time() instead, with a date format string. for example, to have all your posts show like “25.12.2001 @ 8:04:50 AM” you’ll have the_time(“d.m.Y @ g:i:s A”). you can also repeat this template tag 2 times with 2 different formats: the_time(“d.m.Y”) for the date, and then later the_time(“g:i:s A”) for the time of the day.Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Migration from b2 and new SQLYour best bet is probably to install b2 on your new server, import your old database, then do the WordPress upgrade.