Dougal Campbell
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: wp-moblog producing jumbled up posts.Think that somebody is going to have to add some sort of MIME decoding into the moblog hack to fix this. There seems to be aPEAR module that can handle the quoted-printable MIME stuff. Maybe the moblog hack author could adapt something like that into his code?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Ping time offset seems to be wrongI’m aware of this problem, and I’ll be fixing this soon.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: wp-moblog producing jumbled up posts.Jez, it looks like your phone is sending the message “quoted printable” transfer encoding. And something along the way is causing it to not decode properly. Try sending an email from your phone to a regular email address where you can access the raw text of the message, and see what it looks like.
If your phone has any options to control the encoding of the emails it sends, try fiddling with those.Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Automatic TrackbacksWordPress does not (yet) support Trackback autodiscovery. For the time being, if you want to send a trackback, you have to manually fill in the trackback uri in the post screen.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Post PreviewIn the next version (1.2), there will be a way to preview your post. If you use the “Save and continue editing” button, you’ll get a preview at the bottom of the screen.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: WP ButtonWas it the one at SpaceRook?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: 2004-03-22 Nightly – notification e-mails broken?I just pored over the code, and I can’t see any reason why you would have problems. I checked one of my comment notification emails, and on my system it was fine.
You could try this:
Look at wp-includes/functions.php, around line 1132. That should be the line that sets the “Content-Type” header. At the very end of the line, you’ll see that it terminates with\r\n. Try adding another set of terminators, so that you have\r\n\r\n.
The idea behind this is to make sure that there is an empty line between the mail headers and mail body. Though, the phpmail()function should be taking care of that, anyhow.Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Turn of pings in XMLRPC?The API code is currently hardcoded to send pings. As soon as I get time, I’ll correct this so that it obeys your pinging options.
I don’t know why you’d still be seeing pings after commenting out the lines in xmlrpc.php, unless you missed one somewhere…Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Discussion Options: Field not updatedFixed in CVS. Grab the next nightly.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: XML-RPC FixesIn my previous testing, w.bloggar (Blogger/b2/metaWeblog API) and Zempt (MovableType API) both worked fine with the 1.0.x releases. Since those were pretty much the only clients I tested with, I wasn’t aware of the API problems until I started hearing reports from people using other clients. So, with 1.0.x, those two clients are your best bet.
With the fixes in WP 1.2, pretty much every client should work. And if anybody finds one that doesn’t, I’ll do my best to fix it.Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: XML-RPC FixesWe probably will not back-port these fixes for the 1.0.x releases. They will be in the next official release version.
There is no “WordPress API”. We are compatible with the other standard APIs: Blogger, metaWeblog, and MovableType. These are listed in order from simplest to most-capable.
In my testing, it is now possible to post to WordPress (1.2alpha) using NewzCrawler’s MovableType API support. Though, NC uses some ugly HTML, when formatting posts πForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: XML-RPC FixesPatched and committed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: Bug: XMLRPC not inserting post_nameGood catch. Patched and committed.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: BUG: upload-option not displayedFixed in CVS.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Lots of problems with categoriesI’ve committed a bunch of fixes for the API category handling. It’s much smarter all around, now. The next nightly built on this date or later will have the changes. Or you can grab xmlrpc.php version 1.38 or higher from CVS, once the anonymous CVS from sourceforge is updated.