Dougal Campbell
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: ‘nough heard about targetThere have been lots of discussions about this subject.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Apache 2.0, virtual() and gzip?How about using a php include to the URL? <?php include(‘http://localhost/…’); ?>
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: rss images?I know that FeedReader supports the channel icons. I imagine we’ll add support for them one day, but as Alex said, it’s not our highest priority at the moment. As a side note, however, I think that it’s actually a required element in the 0.9x flavors of RSS π
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Displaying PHP-Code in a postHa, I forgot all about there being a highlight_file() function. Duh π
Um…. But getting a PHP function call into the middle of a blog post is another matter…. Which is the same reason that I almost suggested (but did not, because my test didn’t work) using [?php include(‘http://mysite/myfile.phps’); ?]
So I’m thinking that the iframe is still going to be your best bet for right now. It will work, and your main page will still validate.Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: AtomWe’re keeping an eye on it. We’ll have support for it one day, but it’s not high on the priority list yet.
Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: Comment Spam StuffYou could always try configuring SA to whitelist emails from WordPress…. I don’t know how to do that off the top of my head, though. I use a combination of SpamAssassin, SpamBouncer, and a customized procmail whitelist, so I just whitelist things in my procmail rules.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Displaying PHP-Code in a postActually, we’re currently using XHTML 1.0 Transitional, and iframe is valid there.
About the only other way I can think of to do it would be to bring up the .phps file in your browser, view source, then cut-n-paste that source into your WordPress posting.
Of course, the PHP source coloring code uses the font tag, so if you’re concerned about maintaining xhtml validity, that’s out, too πForum: Plugins
In reply to: Automatically add target=_blank to URL’sTry reading this forum thread.
Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: too badFrancois was invited to join the WordPress effort. However, he decided to continue working on b2evolution. There’s plenty of room for both efforts. It’s likely that over time, both projects will borrow ideas from each other. We already have plans to add multiple categories, among other things.
Of course, you still have to decide which software has the features you need the most πForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Displaying PHP-Code in a postJerome, colorizing PHP code inside an HTML post is a non-trivial task.
It would be far easier if you put your code in separate files with a ‘.phps’ extension (if your server supports that), and link to those.
If you want to get fancy, store the code in external files, then put an <iframe src=”myfile.phps” /> in your post.Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Still old posts?Actually, I left out a bit:
2.1) Copy ‘wp-config.sample.php’ as ‘wp-config.php’ and edit the database settings and the database prefix setting to match your systemForum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Still old posts?1) BACKUP YOUR SITE AND DATABASE. You know. Just in case π
2) Copy all of the WordPress files over your b2 files
3) Point your browser at http://mysite/wp-admin/b2-2-wp.phpForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Kung Log and XMLRPCIt’s probably trying to call the mt.getRecentPostTitles method, which is one of the few methods that I haven’t implemented yet. Now that I know that there’s a client out there that needs it, I’ll push it up on my priority list.
The Category stuff should work, though… Wish I had a Mac, so I could try Kung Log out myself for testing.Forum: Requests and Feedback
In reply to: pinging sites besides weblogs.com and blo.gsMatt, I’ve already got a refactored copy of the ping routine (not that it’s difficult to do). See my Blog Service Pinger.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Multiple WordPresses cause trouble logging in?I’ve run into this problem with my test install. I think it’s an issue with the login cookies for two installations clashing. I’ll be looking into it soon, and hope to get some fixes in Real Soon Now.
If you aren’t afraid of digging into the PHP source, you might try locating all of the setcookie() calls and adding a path parameter. If you don’t know what in the world that means, then just wait for the patches π