Chris Huff
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Displaying Tags and not TitlesMake sure “Post Title” is selected as the text to write in my plugin’s settings.
If that’s already set, can you send me a link to an image that was created with my plugin so I can see what the output looks like? You can contact me via the contact form on my website (http://designsbychris.com) if you’d rather not sure the link publically.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Google FontsGlad the plugin is beneficial to you! Please give a rating so that others can see how good it is!
Concerning adding Google Fonts support, not at this time, no. It is something that I’ve thought about before though. But if it does work it’s way into the plugin, it will probably be in the Pro version, because changing fonts is more of a Pro version benefit.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Error 500 & 404 when postingIf you decrease the size of the image without also decreasing the size of the font, and have a fair amount of text to write to the image, the script could timeout with a 500 error while trying to create the image. Decrease the font size and you shouldn’t get a 500 error.
I’m not sure why you would get a 404 error, though. Try disabling all other plugins to see if it still happens.
Turn on error reporting in your wp_config.php file and let me know if any errors are being generated. If there are any, please copy and paste them here.
I’ve always allowed the theme to handle where the featured image is shown. If your theme has a single.php file, you can put this code where you would like the featured image shown.
<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) { // check if the post has a Post Thumbnail assigned to it. the_post_thumbnail(); } ?>Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Autoset Featured ImageOk, I kept fiddling with this, and I think I’ve got it. If you’ll allow me to log into your site again and see if it works for you, I’ll release it as an update to my plugin.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Autoset Featured ImageSorry, the solution I was working on won’t work for you.
In short, since it looks like you’re wanting to create a featured image from external images, not on the same website as yours, it would take a bit more code to make that happen automatically.
I suggest taking a look at Nelio External Featured Image, and possibly having it modified to happen automatically using the first image.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Autoset Featured ImageThanks. Sorry about that. If you’d like me to continue to see if this solution will work for you, I’d be happy to.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Autoset Featured ImageCan you login via FTP and delete my plugin? I believe I found a solution for you, but as I was applying it, I missed a bracket…
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Autoset Featured ImageDo you have “Disable for this post” checked on that post’s Edit Post screen?
Are you comfortable editing plugins a little? Try this. Remove this from my plugin, from lines 365-367
// Make sure the featured image isn't disabled in post meta $disable = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'afift-disable', true); if($disable == "true") return;Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Autoset Featured ImageI just updated my plugin to include this functionality (there’s a check box at the bottom of my plugin’s settings screen to enable it). You might try it again and see if it works for you.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/auto-featured-image-from-title/
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Autoset Featured ImageYou might try mine. https://wordpress.org/plugins/auto-featured-image-from-title/
Depending on what you’re wanting to do, it might work for you. But it also might not. It works with 4.4 (even though that’s not marked yet), but it actually creates an image for the post rather than just pulling a image out of the post. But I’m thinking about adding an option to do that in a later version.
Anyway, feel free to ignore this if it’s not what you’re looking for.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: Shortcode to access div elementI’m having a hard time visualizing from your description what you’re actually trying to accomplish with the code itself. Could you post what your code is outputting, and also what you’d like for your code to output instead?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] is that work with old posts ?That is something that the PRO version of the plugin does. Check it out, if you’re interested: http://designsbychris.com/auto-featured-image-from-title/
Forum: Reviews
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Wonderful pluginYes, they are. The images are licenced as free for personal and commercial use, with modifications allowed. I think at least a couple of the pictures are photos I took, such as the book.