Chris Huff
Forum Replies Created
-
Hi, sorry you’re experiencing this issue.
Does it do this when there is already a featured image set, or only when you first remove the featured image? It should not be creating an image if there is already a featured image set for that post.
Yes, I’m aware of this bug and it should be fixed in the next version. (Also, the free version has limited support for custom post types)
Yes, you can select to write the post content to the image via my plugin’s settings. The PRO version also allows you to set how many characters of the content to write to the image as well (the free version is limited to the first 55 characters).
Hey, just wanted to let you know I’m working on this, and will hopefully release it as an add-on within the next week.
Ok, I see the problem. Unfortunately, not speaking Hindi, I think I would need a lot of help in fixing it. The stackoverflow link you pointed me to showed how to fix one rule in the Hindi language. Do you know of a website that shows how to fix other Hindi rules?
I tested the PRO version with Hind-Regular.ttf and it appeared to work fine. No square boxes.
Unfortunately, the free version of the plugin does not allow you to upload your own fonts, and the fonts included in the free version (commercially licensed free fonts that I can distribute with the plugin) are somewhat limited in what glyphs they include.
But I tested one of the Hindi fonts with the PRO version, and it appears to work fine.
I would not expect emoticons to work. But once again, I suppose it depends on the particular font that you use, and most free fonts that I can distribute simply don’t have those characters. If you can find a free font with distribution permission that has a complete character set, I’d be open to looking at it and possibly including it in the free version.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Black image instead of first image in postI just updated my plugin. You might check the new version to see if the issue has been solved for you.
Forum: Hacks
In reply to: Reading & updating custom field on page via meta boxTherein was the problem! Since I originally coded my plugin to only work on posts, I still had some old code in the save function that checked to make sure it was a post. All I needed to do was remove it. Thanks!
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Unsplash PhotosHey, glad the plugin is useful to you.
I wasn’t aware of that site until you pointed it out. Looks like a great source for images! I’ll look into it, and if possible, will release an add-on to use images from the site.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Black image instead of first image in postSo it works fine with both external images and preinstalled backgrounds, but not a local image in a post? Strange.
Have you tried other local images, or just this one?
Try this, to see if it is some strange problem with that specific image. Can you upload that image to a different host and embed it in a post as an external image, then see if my plugin will create a featured image from it?
Just to be clear, it is a jpg file and not png, right? Alpha transparency in png files sometimes turns the image black.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Black image instead of first image in postSorry you’re having this issue. I ha e a couple questions that may help us diagnose what’s going on.
Is the image in the post a local image or an external one? I ask because some external images may not allow my plugin to use them.
Is my plugin abe to generate featured images using the preinstalled background images, or do they come out as black images also?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Custom Post TypeYes. The free version will generate an image for all posts and pages (including custom post types). The PRO version gives you more control over which post types to generate images for.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Destin Basic] Remove featured image from postIt looks like the problem is that this theme doesn’t give the featured image at the top of the post a unique class or id, so singling it out with CSS would be tricky. So I suggest editing content.php and removing this code, near the top of the file:
<?php if( has_post_thumbnail() ) the_post_thumbnail( 'featured-img', array( 'class' => 'image-full aligncenter' ) ); ?>Now, this would be overwritten if the theme were to release an update, so you could either 1) never update the theme, or 2) create a child theme with this code removed from content.php.
I typically just go with #1, since I edit themes so much that I “make them my own.”
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: Disable Featured Image in Header for Single PostsYou can remove it with CSS. I’d use a plugin that allows you to add CSS to a theme, such as JetPack or Simple Custom CSS (otherwise, updates to the theme would overwrite this CSS).
.site-header {background-image:none!important;}If you want it to always show the logo/header image you select instead, just replace the word “none” with the url to the image you want it to always show in the header.