Chris Huff
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Plugin Doesn't Work with Bengali FontAre you using the free version? The free version doesn’t allow you to upload your own fonts, but the PRO version does.
http://designsbychris.com/auto-featured-image-from-title/
I tested a Bengali font using the PRO version, and it looks like it works fine:
http://designsbychris.com/hosting/files/2015/04/—–.jpg
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Simone] A static image above first postThere are several plugins that will automatically assign featured images for you as well. I wrote one, too. Check it out: https://wordpress.org/plugins/auto-featured-image-from-title/
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Minamaze] Show featured image in the blog postThis code always works for me. Just copy and paste it where you want the featured image, usually within the single.php file of your theme.
<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) { // check if the post has a Post Thumbnail assigned to it. the_post_thumbnail(); } ?>Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Can't make Featured Image work!This is probably an obvious question, but since you didn’t mention it, did you set a featured image from the edit post screen?
This code always works for me. Just copy and paste it where you want the featured image.
<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) { // check if the post has a Post Thumbnail assigned to it. the_post_thumbnail(); } ?>I also wrote a plugin that automatically generates featured images, which might be helpful. https://wordpress.org/plugins/auto-featured-image-from-title/
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [TinyPNG - JPEG, PNG & WebP image compression] Reset Compression Metadata?Thank you so much! Worked perfectly.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Really NiceWanted to let you know that the PRO version of the plugin now allows you to upload your own fonts and background images. Check it out: http://designsbychris.com/auto-featured-image-from-title/
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Upload/Add more photos and fonts?Wanted to let you know that the PRO version now allows users to upload their own fonts and background images. I’m hesitant to include a ton of images packaged into the plugin itself, simply because it would cause the download to get so large that it may timeout for many users.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Suggestion: Can you add SEO capabilities?The new version I released tonight will set the description, alt text, and caption in the media gallery, but it’s up to your theme how this data is used. I think this is a great addition to the plugin. Thanks!
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Debugging the plugin: Query Hook?Yes, contact me via my website and give me log in details for a test site if you like. I probably won’t get a chance to look at it until Monday, but I’ll take a peak to see if I can find the conflict. http://designsbychris.com/contact-me/
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Debugging the plugin: Query Hook?I’m not sure, but I think that’s the case. I might be able to attach it to more hooks so that posts updated via bulk edit and creation from rss feeds will also create featured images. I’ll have to check into that.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Suggestion: Can you add SEO capabilities?Great suggestion. I’ll look into it.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Debugging the plugin: Query Hook?My plugin runs upon the “save_post” hook. This hook is fired every time a post or page is created or updated.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Create Image during Bulk Quick Edit?I can look into it.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Error on Bulk Action during updateWhat errors are you receiving?
It will. Working on that feature next.