Chris Huff
Forum Replies Created
-
Yes, that’s a very long file name! I will correct this in the next version of the plugin.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Only work when post status as publishedHi, glad you like the plugin!
This isn’t possible with the free version of the plugin, but the PRO version allows you to select a different WordPress hook that will initiate my plugin. There is a trial version of the PRO version available on my website: http://designsbychris.com/auto-featured-image-from-title/
I encourage you to try it out and see if it is what you’re looking for.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Feature Suggestion: Video ThumbnailThanks for the compliments on the plugin. And thanks for the suggestions. Would make a great addition. I’ll look into it.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] CSS classThese types of additions are typically handled by your theme, whereas my plugin simply creates the image to be displayed. But I will see about adding such a CSS class.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Problems with “Resize to Fit Text”Hi, sorry I did not respond to your email about this. I do not see it in my inbox for some reason.
Great suggestions. I’ll work on implementing this solution for you.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: some of the blog title post does not show up when shared to facebookSounds like you may have a different issue. If SEO Ultimate is not letting you set the og title and description, it’s probably because your theme or another plugin already is. If you provide a link to your site, I can take a look at the outputted source code to see if the og fields are set more than once.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] FontThanks for bringing this to my attention. I will test additional fonts for a future version.
Do you have any recommendations? Fonts must be free for personal and commercial use with no limits on distribution.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Auto Generate Images for PagesThis is a feature of the PRO version of my plugin, which gives you much finer control over which post types my plugin will create images for.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] FontHi, glad you like the plugin. Have you tried all three of the included fonts? You can select which one you want to use on my plugin’s settings page.
Hi, glad you like the plugin.
1. No, it would not allow html, but you might be able to achieve what you’re trying to do by using the More Text Add-On, which gives you additional layers of text. You can set fonts, sizes, and placement independent of the main text layer.
2. Please email me screenshots of my plugin’s settings page so I can see if you have it set up correctly to get the first image from the post.
3. There’s no limit. The bulk utility works in conjunction with all settings on my plugin’s settings page, so assure that the plugin is set up to create images for all posts that you want them for using the Image Generation Rules.
4. I’ve thought about adding this feature. I’ll add it to my plans for the next version.
I see that you also contacted me via email. I will respond there since the things you suggest are more relavent to the pro version of the plugin (since the free version does not allow you to install different fonts, and therefore doesn’t work with many other languages).
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Woocommerce products interferenceHi, glad you like the plugin. I hope it proves to be beneficial to you.
Unfortunately, the free version does not give you control over which post types to generate images for. This is a feature of the PRO version. If you need that functionality, I recommend that you upgrade to the PRO version.
If you decide to go that route, you can find a free trial on my website to see if it will work for you. http://designsbychris.com/auto-featured-image-from-title/
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Prefix to title?In order to generate a new featured image for a post, you must either delete the previously generated featured image from the Media Library, or at the very least, remove the featured image when editing a post. If a post has a featured image set, it will not generate a new one. Then save the post again and it should create a new one based on the new settings.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Auto Featured Image from Title] Prefix to title?Sorry, this option will not find its way into the free version for the foreseeable future.
When you save the new settings, and go away from the settings page, and then come back to it, are the new settings shown on the settings page, or does it show the old ones again?
Hi, yes, I believe it is possible to set your website up to do this, but not within the settings of my plugin.
You would need to hide featured images by customizing your theme. Then you would also need to make sure that the og:image is set from the featured image, probably by using a plugin that does that.
Doing those two things should give you the outcome you want.