Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
  • Forum: Requests and Feedback
    In reply to: Content areas
    Thread Starter zactoff

    (@zactoff)

    I scanned your rant :c) but you can’t deny that WordPress started life as a blogging platform and has gradually become more a CMS like (for want of a better term).

    The loop seems a more long winded way of accessing content compared to what I’ve seen of Drupal.

    Your project looks interesting, but it’s too complicated for what I need, my clients often want to create a page where they can enter content that gets presented in various areas of the page/sidebar/footer etc., but they need to see it all together while editing rather than having a load of custom content types that they have to navigate between, or a load of dynamically assigned text widgets.

    I was rather hoping that something like the multi-edit plugins could be developed properly and added to the core. You may not like them but they’re very popular and obviously fill a need.

    Forum: Requests and Feedback
    In reply to: Content areas
    Thread Starter zactoff

    (@zactoff)

    Haha, I *really* don’t want to, but I know a lot of ex-WordPress developers who find Drupal a lot easier to use, not having to use ‘the loop’ being one reason among many.

    Anyway, from a clients point of view, seeing this in the page editor is far less scary than maintaining a bunch of fields, especially if those fields aren’t wysiwyg.

    This is one of those problems that keeps coming up, which is why I have de-lurked and raised it here.

    Forum: Requests and Feedback
    In reply to: Content areas
    Thread Starter zactoff

    (@zactoff)

    Not entirely sure… perhaps the ability to add additional tabs when you’re editing a page that you could name and then call in the template, maybe using the_content(tabName); or something?

    This has become an issue for me because where I’ve been using some plugins that sort of create this functionality (templ33t, page.ly multiedit etc.), apart from being usupported, they all seem to use meta-fields to store the data and these do not get included in the page revisions, there is also a big problem with them mangling content when flicking between visual/html view.

    I use WordPress more and more to create CMS’ for clients this is highly desirable from their point of view – not having to think about hacking templates, however I’m not a hardcore programmer so may not realise the full implications of this request.

    What I do know is that Drupal seems to support this functionality, but I really, really don’t want to have to learn Drupal having invested so much time learning (what little) I know of WordPress.

    Thread Starter zactoff

    (@zactoff)

    Ah, sorry, I was a little remiss in my explanation. The class I tried to add was called addToList, not EcampaignPHPList” so I don’t think it’s the quotes that are messing things up.

    When I check the log (now I know where to find it!) there are several entries at the top as follows:

    WordPress database error: [Table 'pen.wp_ecampaign_log' doesn't exist]
    SELECT state, count(*) FROM wp_ecampaign_log GROUP BY state
    
    WordPress database error: [Table 'pen.wp_ecampaign_log' doesn't exist]
    SELECT checkbox1, count(*) FROM wp_ecampaign_log GROUP BY checkbox1
    
    WordPress database error: [Table 'pen.wp_ecampaign_log' doesn't exist]
    SELECT checkbox2, count(*) FROM wp_ecampaign_log GROUP BY checkbox2
    
    WordPress database error: [Table 'pen.wp_ecampaign_log' doesn't exist]
    SELECT postID, count(*) FROM wp_ecampaign_log GROUP BY postID
    
    WordPress database error: [Table 'pen.wp_ecampaign_log' doesn't exist]
    SELECT count(*) FROM wp_ecampaign_log WHERE 1=1
    
    WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-1' at line 1]
    SELECT id, date, state, visitorName, visitorEmail, postID, checkbox1, checkbox2, info FROM wp_ecampaign_log WHERE 1=1 ORDER BY date LIMIT 20 OFFSET -1

    I’m going to try and get you some money for this from the client (although it won’t be a lot). If you can provide the functionality we need it will help us enormously. You say the pestering is good but I’ll feel better about it if you’re actually getting something in return for the hassle.

    Email me off list if you’d like to discuss, perhaps we can work together to iron out these wrinkles (I used to be in QA before jumping ship to pretend to be a web developer) zaccety (at) gmail (dot) com

    Thread Starter zactoff

    (@zactoff)

    Hi John,

    Sorry to keep pestering you :c)

    Am using release .82, looks to have both the find your MP and subscribe to mailing list options, very brilliant indeed, but I can’t see the CSV view anywhere…

    Am just trying to figure out the subscribe to mailing list functionality. When I add a class to the “Subscribe site visitors who opt-in using a checkbox to external email list using this class e.g. EcampaignPHPList” field and hit save, the subsequent options “Parameters passed to instance of class above…” and “Optional third party API Key…” disappear and can only be seen again when the class is removed from the “Subscribe site visitors…” field, and the settings re-saved.

    Is this correct behaviour?

    Also, I am sometimes getting the following error when viewing a new campaing post: “WordPress database error: [Table ‘pen.wp_ecampaign_log’ doesn’t exist]
    INSERT INTO wp_ecampaign_log (state,visitorName,visitorEmail,address,checkbox1,checkbox2,info,postID) VALUES (‘formUpdate’,”,”,”,’0′,’0′,’postID:244 formID:ec8′,’0′)”

    Many thanks,

    Thank you (and sorry for the hijacking)

    Can I move a user’s registration details between sites?

    I have a user registered on Site 1, but I need be able to set them as the author for a post on Site 2.

    I can’t add them again to site 2 as their email is alread registered on site 1, of course.

    How can I accomplish this without un-registereing then re-registering them on the different sites. Is there no facility for just adding existing users to existing sites within a WPMU environment?

    Thread Starter zactoff

    (@zactoff)

    I think we’re going to go with your last suggestions for now. PHP list is pretty basic, but once a user is signed up they get an ‘options’ page where they can select from available lists to subsribe to, or unsub themeselves.

    Thanks for your help though, a CSV view on your next release would be great.

    I’m always slightly surprised when someone actually replies to these questions on here :c)

    Thread Starter zactoff

    (@zactoff)

    Hi John,

    Thanks for the reply.

    I’m using PHP list for mailouts, if you could add a switch that would allow people to be able to add their addresses to a list when they sign a petition that would be fantastic.

    unsubs and email address changes could then be handled by php list.

    Alternativey, just adding the email addresses to a table in the database would be good.

    Bump!

    Seen a few people requesting this, including myself. Is it possible yet to change the background colour for days that have events in the widget calendar… seems like something pretty basic…

    Thread Starter zactoff

    (@zactoff)

    Bump!

    Anyone moderating this?

    Live example here: http://www.bookaid.org/our-work/ empty <p> with is on left hand side between Our Work & Our work In Africa panels

    TY!

    Did you ever solve this? I want to do the same thing, got a lot of widget areas in the back end that I’d like to colour code for the client.

    Hi Pär, did you manage to resolve this issue? Love your plugin and will donate if it makes it to the final cut of the website, but client needs to be able to use the page tree view on all sub-sites.

    Cheers,

    Zac

    I’ve got a simiilar issue, I’ve uploaded a set of images to a gallery and not specified any sizes for nextgen to resize them to, when I use as a featured image it’s creating a 970×129 version and using that instead of the original image size( which should be 690 x 207). When I use a single image in a page it’s working properly.

    I haven’t specified any sizes via add_image_size in the functions.php

    Cheers, this is a great plugin and I will contribute if it gets used on the site I’m working n.

    Thread Starter zactoff

    (@zactoff)

    Good news.

Viewing 15 replies - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)