TerraFrost
Forum Replies Created
-
ElGoorf – Could you update to the latest SVN? In particular, if you could replace your ssh/-sftp-updater/support/phpseclib/Net/SFTP.php file with this one:
Next, in class-wp-filesystem-ssh2.php, there should be the following:
//define(‘NET_SFTP_LOGGING’, NET_SFTP_LOG_REALTIME);
If you could uncomment that and then try to install whatever you’re trying to install that’d be great.
This change won’t fix anything but, with any luck, it’ll give me the info I need to diagnose / fix the problem. Thanks!
NicoMorrison – can you keep your replies in the same thread? Making a new post in every new thread makes it harder for me to back reference previous posts and it’s liable to make ElGoorf confused as well. ie. he might see my response and think it’s in response to his question when it’s in fact in response to yours.
And yes – I have tried the standard ftp option with this. It works fine on my server.
You said, in another thread, “yr plug-in it replaced that screen” and that you had to “deactivate yr plug-in and then the standard screen reappeared”. This plugin’s code was copy / pasted directly from WordPress. There were a few lines that were changed but nothing of any relevance to the problem you’re describing and there were no super big cosmetic changes.
Honestly, that makes me wonder if you’re using an older version of WordPress or something.
As for your key… I just committed a change for ElGoorf that adds support for password protected RSA keys (as yours is).
Long story short, I think the best way for me to tackle your problem would be for me to just be given temp access to your WordPress admin panel along with the FTP / SFTP login info.
Try it now!
There’s a “Connection Type” field with three radio buttons – FTP, FTP (SSL) and SSH2. This plugin selects SSH2 by default. If you want to do FTP you’ll need to hand select FTP.
Did you try to upload the key anyway? That OpenSSH doesn’t support its format doesn’t mean this plugin won’t. This plugin supports PuTTY formatted keys, XML Signature keys, etc. If the Vandyke key is unsupported you could post it?
As for “my standard ftp option”… Do you mean “standard sftp option”? This plugin should not effect any ftp options. Maybe when you logged in with filezila you’re using FTP and not SFTP?
As for the plugin saying v1… I need to figure out how to work with the WordPress SVN system some more lol. Not sure if I need to create a branch for that or what.
Although in theory an SSH / SFTP server could require both password and publickey authentication, in practice, I’ve never in my life seen such a server. If your SSH / SFTP server was configured in this way you’d be out of luck because this plugin doesn’t support that. Not yet at least. It’s something I can certainly make it support but I’d need access to a server that behaved in that way if I were to play around with it.
Does your putty key perchance say “Encryption: aes256-cbc” in it? If so that’d mean that it’s not the SSH / SFTP server that’s requiring the password. Rather, it’s the private key that’s requiring the password. If that’s the case that’s something I can fix a ton easier.
As for the “Public and Private keys incorrect” message… I’ll make a commit shortly to fix it. Thanks for alerting me about it!
I was able to do localhost:54321 just fine.
Anyway, I fixed the problem with the badly named directory. ClaytonJames is right – I was testing it in my own little setup – hadn’t actually installed it from the WordPress plugin repo. I actually don’t expect many people would be installing it from the plugin repo? Seems like if you don’t have libssh2 installed but your server is only using SFTP you couldn’t use it anyway to install it.
I guess you could have FTP and SFTP and install it initially via FTP and use SFTP for all subsequent installations for purposes of security too. I dunno lol.
Anyway, if there are any more issues, let me know!
I apologize for the tardiness of this response.
Anyway, I believe the latest SVN should fix this. Well, save for the “enable plug-in” problem. The version of WordPress I’m using says “Activate” – not “enable plug-in”.
Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: How can I force to respect the comment-margin?Force Word Wrapping does just what you want, without creaing horozontol scroll bars, or any random CSS.