redhousepainter
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error including Wprdpress Header into FluxBBVachi,
No one asked you to answer questions on this forum. You should try to understand the position of the people you are answering. In my case I have spent the better part of 2 days trying to get this software working.
I use this forum as an absolute last resort (for obvious reasons) and I get you pointing me in the wrong direction whilst telling me I should have looked first!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error including Wprdpress Header into FluxBBVachi,
1. You should have read my post fully before suggesting I search the forums.
2. You should never assume that because a person is posting a question that has already been covered that they haven’t searched the forums first.
3. My problem isn’t that I don’t know how to include the header, FFS, I even include the code you pointed to IN MY POST. My problem is that WHEN including the code I get an error that I don’t understand.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Can someone help me with a few questions about mod_rewrite?Just wondering if any of you day dwellers can point me in the right direction?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: How do i verify my account on google webmaster tools?That was a perfectly valid WordPress question – if your site is with WordPress!
On top of the Google webmaster instructions this plugin has a feature that can help you.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Fast shared hosting company?I’m on Bluehost. I’ve never had a major problem with them and if speed is your primary concern then seem to deliver.
I use them for 4 sites, the heaviest of which is here if you want to check out how fast it loads. I use wireless at home and it’s fairly quick. Often it will depend on the individual viewers particular ISP.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Changing the title structureYou could also have a look at the All In One SEO Plugin. It allows you to change all that stuff.
If you bump you get told not to. If you start a duplicate thread you get told not to. I suppose slowly disappearing into the oblivion of the WordPress forum is your only polite option.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Creating a page with it not showing on navigation barI don’t know if this helps but I sometimes create a post in a buried category. For example, I might have a category called ‘uncategorized’ and a post in it called ‘contact’. Most sidebar scrolldowns etc. let you exclude certain categories. So, ‘contact’ wont appear anywhere on my site except the page that I link to it from.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Another slight problem after upgradeFor the record I posted my ‘solution’ here.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: A permalinks problem not related to index.php sticky by OttoOkay, I played around with the plug-ins – starting with Platimun SEO.
In the end I removed it and installed All In One SEO. I stripped it down to the bone and got it to just show my sites name in the title bar. It was an aesthetic solution. I’m sure the ‘Nothing found’ msg is there somewhere!
I’m not saying that it was the upgrade or Platinum SEO. I’m not saying anything in fact other than this ‘worked’ for me.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: 2.6 – Text won’t wrap around imagesI have the same problem. Enquired about it yesterday. Got no response.
I’ll let you know if I figure something out. For now, I would look at the code from the posts that worked and try to reproduce it for the new posts.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: A permalinks problem not related to index.php sticky by Ottoiridiax, thanks for your reply!
Could it really be the plugins? I mean, there is a problem with the upgrade and index.php permalinks and no one is looking to the plugins for that.
Perhaps there is a problem with 2.6 and pretty permalinks in general?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: All In One SEO – not updating keywordsYou could try http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/platinum-seo-pack/ it will import all of your info from All In One
Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Wp2.6 permalink problemTry this fix http://wordpress.org/support/topic/189058?replies=1
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Another slight problem after upgradeI’m hoping there is some kind of easy fix for this because using the default permalinks isn’t an option as I have a lot of internal links and the permalinks migration plugin isn’t working.
This post got a little messy. Here are my three main questions again…
After the upgrade…
1. Home page title bar shows as one of the categories.
2. All of the images in the Gallery bring up ‘Nothing found’ in title bar.
3. Can’t wrap thumbnail images in post using WP default image uploader.My permalink setting is /%category%/%postname%/
Thanks!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Wp2.6 ErrorsI’m having the same problem with my site after upgrade. I get errors if I keep pretty permalinks but I also get errors if I try to use the default. Has anyone found a fix for this – other than the index.php fix?