redhousepainter
Forum Replies Created
-
Hi Alex,
I still have a few questions that I mentioned above. Primarily, my situation is this…
1. Google indexes all of my sidebar images.
2. Only about 3 of the images that I used the NextGen plugin to upload were indexed after 4 or 5 months – all of which have numbers in the jpg title, for example – phot001300.jpg
3. Only 2 of the images I used the WordPress Add Media function to upload were indexed and they both included image size in the jpg name, for example – embee_op_570x600.jpg
Is it necessary to add image sixe to the jpg title?
I added the fix that you gave above. Is the the WordPress Add Media function based on the NextGen plugin? Is there any code I can change to help with it?
I’m just trying to understand the Google Image Beast and make my site better. Here is a link to my primary image site if you want to have a look…
Alex,
Thanks for directing me to this post. As I mentioned I have the same issue mentioned above (only sidebar indexed). I changed the code above and will post back if I see any results.
I don’t want to hijack this thread but have a couple of questions…
1. Will this fix work retroactively – for images already posted.
2. My old method of uploading involved uploading images through the NextGen plug-in and then pasting the code into the post. A couple of upgrades ago WP included the Add Media function to the editor and now I upload the image through that. Is that also NextGen? If so, is there any code I should change for it as well as those images aren’t being indexed either.
Three of my sites are image based and are seeing very little indexing. I use Zenphoto on one as well as NextGen and the Zenphoto gallery hasn’t had a single image indexed so it entirely possible that the issue isn’t with your software!
Thanks for your help!
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: NextGen Gallery and Google imagesThanks Alex,
I’ll post any further questions on the other thread.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Another slight problem after upgradeForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Can someone help me with a few questions about mod_rewrite?Hey, yeah, since Zenphoto upgraded I decided to rebuild my gallery template to take advantage of the new custom 404 option. I took out all of Ruzee’s code and added…
<?php require_once(“../wp-blog-header.php”);?>
<?php get_header(); ?>in between the </head> & <body> tags. You will have to style your gallery using it’s own CSS.
It seems to have done the trick. I’ll post back if I find out otherwise.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: NextGen Gallery and Google imagesI just wanted to refresh this as I added the wrong tag before. New tag added as per Alex Rabe’s instructions.
I’m still having my sidebar images indexed while the post images are not. It’s this site in particular that I am concerned about as it is entirely image based.
Thanks!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: A very long post about includes and a wp-settings.php error = HELP!Not resolved.
I ended up recreating the WordPress header in the Fluxbb forum. It worked but I still have to clean up some code for the nav bar when using IE6.
You can have a look at it here – although, I’m going to be uploading an update this week.
Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: The OCBENJI Blog (beta)Great site! I really like the rotating feature – what do you use for it?
If you use Firefox you could get ‘YSlow’ to have a look at issues that may cause slow loading. I’m using a fairly slow wireless connection and the site loaded quickly for me.
One thing I did notice is that the ‘And now a word from our sponsor….’ ads are bigger than the sidebar space you have for them – so on Safari at least, they are cut off.
Also, I’m not a big fan of using Sociable or other bookmarking sites on the front page under the excerpts. It makes more sense that if someone wants to bookmark a post they will bookmark it from the full post page – which you have Sociable on anyway.
Those are minor things though. Overall, the site looks nice!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: A question about Char Set Attacks and attacks in generalYeah, from time to time I see an attempt and always google around to see what I’m dealing with – it’s fascinating stuff. I always have this gut instinct that still believes that if someone messes with you, you can just roll up your sleeves or something and deal with it. It’s obviously not the case here!
What struck me was that it hit 3 of my 4 sites about 4 times a piece tonight. Everything looks fine though. Thanks.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: A question about Char Set Attacks and attacks in generalwhooami, thanks for your reply. It’s an honor by the way!
I appended the string to my address and got my error page. I suppose that’s a good sign?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: A very long post about includes and a wp-settings.php error = HELP!Thanks for taking the time to have a look, Otto42! Sincerely, I feel a lot better knowing it’s not some simple problem I’m overlooking.
I’m going to work on it over the weekend and then move on. I’ll resolve this thread if I find anything.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: A very long post about includes and a wp-settings.php error = HELP!Otto42,
Thanks for looking! I’ve tried every way I can think of to integrate and get the same error message for each.
The particular method for integration I am using at the moment as per the FluxBB instructions calls up this include…
‘<?php require_once(PUN_ROOT.”../wp-blog-header.php”);?>
<?php get_header(); ?>’I’ve tried all of the other variations I mentioned above. FluxBB has their own include method which involves adding an include tag (<pun_include “header.php”>) to a template file and then placing the code above in a set directory (forums/include/user/header.php).
In the end it seems to not matter whether I use their include system or just add the standard WordPress includes – I get the same error.
I’m sorry to be so persistent about this. I’m just at the point now where I’m going to have to admit failure!
Is there any reason why it would work with WordPress 2.5 and not 2.6?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: A very long post about includes and a wp-settings.php error = HELP!Sure, FluxBB is a fork of PunBB. It’s forum software. Their site is here.
I’ve been trying to get this to work to the point that I even tried it live just to test if the problem might be with my local setup.
There’s no link to it from my home page but my live installation is here.
Feel free to click around. If you try a simple operation such as a search you’ll see the error message I mentioned.
Otto42, I feel better knowing your on it!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: A very long post about includes and a wp-settings.php error = HELP!Still working at it. I tried it on a WordPress 2.5 installation that I had running locally and it worked. That doesn’t help me though as all of my live sites are running 2.6
I’m just trying to narrow down what the problem night be – but I must admit I taking random shots in the dark here!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: A very long post about includes and a wp-settings.php error = HELP!Just wanted to give the daytime folk a crack at this…