redhousepainter
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: food site using wp – not a standard templateI didn’t read all of the posts so I’m not sure if this was covered but…
I also have a Mac and when I can’t be bothered running IE on VMware Fusion I use the best web tool in the world.
Personally, I really like the front page boxes structure. I’d just make them navigational graphics and get rid of the text.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: help please messed up bannerHey northeastsurfing,
I’m going to bump this for you as I noticed that it’s still not fixed and I couldn’t help you!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: help please messed up bannerIf you called the new header by a different name than the old you will have to make the corresponding change to the CSS file. The easiest thing to do is look at the dimensions of the default banner image and then replace that image with a new banner of the same size and name. Remember to also use the same extension – .jpg
Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: I went a little crazy and built 4 sites…Thanks! I wonder why you like Sophistry & Illusion though? It’s the newest of the sites and very basic. We need to add a lot more content. There are some good videos on it at the moment.
Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: I went a little crazy and built 4 sites…Thanks Joni!
Forums make my head spin. I’ve been looking at Fluxbb but may try bbPress again.
Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: Fish Tank SuppliesOh my God, whooami, you’re hilarious. Sometimes I go to this forum and just look for your name!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Integration with zenphoto results in “silent” 404 errorsI changed the include from Ruzee’s to…
‘<?php require_once(“../wp-blog-header.php”);?>
<?php get_header(); ?>’but still get the errors. Has anyone made any progress on this?
Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: I went a little crazy and built 4 sites…Thanks for the kind words Joni! You’ve helped me in the past and it’s always much appreciated!
I removed the image tag and will take a further look at NextGen today. I truly love Zenphoto and the devs have really helped me out on their forum. I suppose that in the beginning I went with what seemed like the best option I could find at the time – and then used it for each site. I’m always open to change.
For the past few months I have had a tonne for free time. I’m applying for US citizenship (I’m a Canadian who married an American) and I haven’t been allowed to work here yet. WordPress kept me sane!
I feel like I have gotten a handle on the basic concepts of web design and want to take it further. I know my sites are amatuerish but soon I’ll venture into a greater understanding of functionality, design, concept etc.
Plans for the near future include…
– finding out why none of the images on Phauxshow are Google indexed and why they bring back 404 errors in Webmasters.
– adding a forum to the sites.
– validating all four sites.
Thanks again for your advice!
Forum: Everything else WordPress
In reply to: How do I get my name to link to my website?Haha! O really? Is it set so that I can’t see it? All this time I thought I just couldn’t get it to work!
Thanks for the quick reply!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Suspicious URLs listed in WP CacheI get those char…set attacks all of the time.
There are plenty of threads about them floating around here. The general consensus is that they aren’t worth worrying about – provided you have taken all of the generally suggested security measures.
Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: Site Overhaul Phase 2 CompleteI love the fact that you took a theme that most likely had the functionality and layout you needed an then made it your own. Very inspirational.
maurreen – click on Chrisber’s name for the link.
Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: I went a little crazy and built 4 sites…Thanks for the advice Dgold. Great suggestions that I hadn’t thought of before. I already removed the image tag from Anonymous Pond and I’ll look at changing the ‘No Comments’ text on all of my sites.
Updating 4 sites is pretty easy going unless something goes wrong. I’ll check out the virtual technique but I have to say, I’m a fan of having separate installations and databases for everything. I suppose at my level it gives me a little comfort to know that if something goes wrong it’s usually just with one component.
Thanks again,
Pierrot
Update – I just added a Zenphoto Gallery. Under Pages in the sidebar.
Also, I was having an issue with the whole caption/alt text thing. I’ve added alt text to every image now. Let’s see how long the Google imagebot takes to find us.
Like I said, don’t be shy to be critical!
Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: Please review my siteI like the fact that you changed the theme around a lot. The rotating image look’s great – maybe a touch too fast. What did you use for it?
I’d just like to put this out there again. We’ve been building up the content and are generally getting about 50 people a day check the site out. I know that’s not a lot but it’s encouraging.
On a technical level is there anything that we could be doing better? That we are doing wrong? I know the site is bloated. We barely have any of our images indexed by Google. Any thoughts as to why?
Don’t be gentle – I’d love some hard feedback!
Thanks!