Dan Harrison
Forum Replies Created
-
I’ve just updated the feature request page with your new ideas:
http://www.wpdoctors.co.uk/our-wordpress-plugins/wp-portfolio/#newThanks
DanThanks for your feedback and ideas. I’ve made a note of them both.
1) This is a planned feature, but requires a paid subscription to ShrinkTheWeb.com.
2) Agreed.
Kind Regards
DanYou appear to have 2 different issues:
1) The database error…. deactivate and reactivate the plugin.
The ‘siteadded’ column was added in 1.16, so no idea why you’re getting the error now when upgrading to 1.17 to 1.18. Sometimes table issues happen when you upload files via FTP and don’t deactivate/activate.
2) Please check the FAQ for why thumbnails are not showing.
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-portfolio/faq/Please keep me informed, I’d like to get V1.18 fixed first.
Regards
DanThis is covered in the FAQ:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-portfolio/faq/Regards
DanHello,
It’s actually on my list of features to do is to support multiple languages. Did you want to sponsor that feature?
Regards
DanMultiple layouts are doable, but would massively increase the complexity of the plugin, and probably reduce it’s usability.
If you wrap any shortcode with some DIV tags, you can then apply different styles to the contents without much trouble.
<div id="layout1">[wp-portfolio /]</div>
<div id="layout2">[wp-portfolio /]</div>and then
#layout1 { /* one layout */ } #layout2 { /* another layout */ }Dan
You can achieve that already using divs, CSS and float: left.
Dan
I’ve already responded to your email, but just to say that I’ve received payment, implementation of the new feature will be early this week, and I’ll update the website to clarify the fee-for-features process.
Dan
I have just updated WP Portfolio to use UTF8 for all new installations. For existing installations, visit the settings page, and you can upgrade to UTF-8.
A donation or great rating would be appreciated.
Dan
That’s not too difficult to do. I’ve added that request to the list of features that can be added for a small fee.
WP Portfolio – Requesting New Features
Dan
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: WP Portfolio not working IE8 and ChromeThat’s LightBox (or a similar plugin), that’s not WP Portfolio….
Regards
DanForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Plugin: WordPress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] Order Newest to Oldest?You have an inclusive feature already. There’s no plan to add an exclusion feature.
Have you given WP Portfolio a positive rating? Have you made a donation too? I just ask, as you’re requesting a lot of features, and it’s only fair to give back too.
Thanks
DanForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: WP Portfolio not working IE8 and ChromeHello,
Could you provide screenshots please. I have no idea what you’re referring to.
Regards
DanForum: Hacks
In reply to: Widget to work in conjunction with existing pluginHi Dan,
Just for clarity, are you saying the plugin has functions for querying the custom table? and if so, would you mind providing a little info for the user? Some basic instructions on how to call and use them, or even simply point to some documentation if it’s available, please..
Yes, there are documented APIs for all aspects to do with the plugin. All in the admin area of the plugin once activated (due to the markup to explain the API more clearly than a readme.txt file will allow).
In admin area: WP Portfolio -> Documentation
WPPortfolio_getAllPortfolioAsHTML()
WPPortfolio_getRandomPortfolioSelectionAsHTMLFully documented with parameters and examples.
Dan