Dan Harrison
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Hacks
In reply to: Widget to work in conjunction with existing pluginThe plugin has it’s own DB calls, yes. It’s also a planned feature.
Dan
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Plugin: WordPress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] Order Newest to Oldest?Regarding the date issue, the plugin is currently working as designed. For all dates that were null, they default to when the plugin was upgraded to 1.17+.
I’ve made a note to add the modify the date feature, as I suspect others are hitting the same issue. Although generally, I do charge for adding extra features quickly.
Regards
DanI don’t set the charset when the database table is created. It just defaults to whatever MySQL is set up to be. Even if I updated the SQL, I suspect that the upgrade feature of WP wouldn’t do the charset too.
However, I’ll update the FAQ, and update the SQL to use ‘UTF-8 General’.
Thanks
DanForum: Hacks
In reply to: Widget to work in conjunction with existing pluginApologies for the delay, I’ve been on holiday.
The first thing I’d say is that accessing the database directly is asking for trouble! π
Check the documentation, and there’s actually an API that should help you considerably. There are plans to add widget to the plugin in the future, but it’s not been sponsored yet.
Kind Regards
DanAre other thumbnails showing correctly? The cache directory might not exist or have the right permissions. See the FAQ for more info on the cache directory.
Dan
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Plugin: WordPress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] Order Newest to Oldest?Apologies for the delay, I’ve been on holiday. Thanks for the bug report. I’ll check it out.
Dan
This is a commonly asked question, and has already been answered at least once on these support forums.
There is no multi-lingual support as I don’t have the skills or finance to implement such a feature. If you’d be willing to finance the extension for other languages, I’d consider it.
Regards
DanThis is fixed in 1.17, which I have just uploaded.
Dan
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Plugin: WordPress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] Order Newest to Oldest?This is fixed in 1.17, which I have just uploaded. Should appear on WordPress.org very shortly.
Dan
Unfortunately I cannot support bugs in other plugins. WP Porfolio is not doing anything exotic in the code, so it’s only if there other other plugins that interfere with user permissions in anyway that it might be an issue.
Regards
DanForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Plugin: WordPress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] Order Newest to Oldest?This is a known issue, and due to be fixed in the next release.
An issue has already been raised on this.
Regards
DanI’m aware of the issue you have and I am about to update the FAQ in the next version. The issue is due to some naughty plugins doing odd stuff with the ordering of loading files, which breaks WP Portfolio on some websites. The solution is to add the following line at the top of wp-portfolio.php:
<?php require_once ABSPATH .'/wp-includes/pluggable.php'; /** * Documentation is here... */Have you made a donation for the plugin (http://www.wpdoctors.co.uk/our-wordpress-plugins/wp-portfolio/) and left a good rating on WordPress.org (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-portfolio/) ?
As I stated in my last message, try changing the setting from fopen to cURL in the wp-portfolio settings.
It works fine on WP 3.0.1 as I use it myself.
Regards
DanIn the settings, change from fopen to cURL. That will use a different method to fetch the thumbnails.
If you get errors with both methods, then it’s likely that your web host has paranoid security settings stopping the plugin from working properly.
Regards
DanSome hosting companies have paranoid security levels, which means certain aspects are disabled.
If you edit thumbnailer.inc.php
at line 383: Changecurl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
to
// curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);and If you edit thumbnailer.inc.php
at line 426: Changecurl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
to
// curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);The // will comment out that bit of the code, and stop it from causing the errors. I’ll investigate this more for the next release.
Thanks
Dan