Dan Harrison
Forum Replies Created
-
Hello, a donation would be welcomed, thank you.
The host might have a security setting to disable cURL accessing websites on the same server. I found a single report with someone hitting similar issues with cURL. I’m pretty sure it’s not a bug with the plugin, as the plugin works fine for you for external domains, and it works for other people on the same domain (including me).
So I suggest you chat to Heart Internet about any DNS or cURL issues that would prevent it working on the same host. Please let me know what they say, as I’d love to know what’s going on.
Kind Regards
DanTry activating and deactivating the plugin.
Kind Regards
DanHi Jen
So you don’t want to link to the examples to allow visitors to zoom in to your artwork?
It sounds as if you could do with some code that wraps around the group to add some CSS to hide the URL.
So use the portfolio shortcodes to separate the groups out, rather than showing the whole selection at once.
e.g. Change
[wp-portfolio]to[wp-portfolio group="1" /] [wp-portfolio group="2" ], etc.Then add a DIV wrapper around group 2 (or whatever your print group is), e.g.
<div id="portfolio-print-group">[wp-portfolio group="2"]</div>Then add some CSS to your WordPress theme or portfolio settings:
#portfolio-print-group .website-url { display: none; }That will hide the URL for just print group. I could add some code to wp-portfolio, but I’d have to charge a small fee to do so. The above technique should work perfectly for you though.
Please consider leaving a positive rating for WP Portfolio too!
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-portfolio/Kind Regards
DanHi Pooja,
Sometimes certain websites get flagged or ‘stuck’ by ShrinkTheWeb.com. Check their docs to force a refresh on their website.
Kind Regards
DanHello
I don’t see an obvious way to send a PM on WordPress.org. You can just email me via my agency website http://www.wpdoctors.co.uk/contact/
Kind Regards
DanSo it sounds like an incompatibility with multisite then, probably the location of saving the file, as you say.
I’ve no plans to adjust WP Portfolio to support multisite, unless you want to pay for the changes?
Kind RegardS
DanHello
How long had you been using the plugin before you hit the issue? WP Portfolio was never designed to be able to work with multiple WP websites, so I don’t currently support it.
Regards
DanThank you for being thorough. Have you enabled the debug mode to check what’s happening?
There are other possible (but rare) issues, including insufficient free disk space, and funky security configurations.
It sounds like you might need to drop me an email with your FTP login details and your WP admin login details. You can do so via http://www.wpdoctors.co.uk
Kind Regards
DanHi Grant
Sorry, I just create and update websites in WordPress. My agency specialises in just WordPress.
Regards
DanHi Grant
This is a custom CSS question, so you’ll need to modify the CSS for your website (in WP Portfolio -> Layout Settings).
I’ll happily do it for you, but I’m afraid I’d need to charge a fee.
Regards
DanHi Steve
Have you checked your ShrinkTheWeb details to ensure they are correct?
Could you email me (dan dot harrison at wpdoctors.co.uk) a screenshot of your settings page, and one of your websites please?
ScreenGrab for Firefox works well for this sort of thing.
Dan
There’s a new feature in V1.19 in the settings section that will tell you if the cache directory is writeable.
Dan
Hi Eric
You’re welcome. I’ve never used GitHub, nor in a rush to π
Thanks
DanI’ll look into this, however, if you enable permalinks, you’ll find that this issue disappears.
Dan
You’re welcome. I’m glad you’re up and running again.
Please consider giving the plugin a 5-star rating, and saying that “It works” too.
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-portfolio/Perhaps you might also consider a donation too?
http://www.wpdoctors.co.uk/our-wordpress-plugins/wp-portfolio/#donationKind Regards
Dan