Dan Harrison
Forum Replies Created
-
This has nothing to do with my plugin. Thank you for blaming me. Feedback like yours is why I love being a plugin developer. not.
If you check out the latest STW changes, you’ll see that this is a result of using the free STW account. They emailed everyone about this weeks ago. It’s in their FAQ too.
Alternatively you can use the custom thumbnails feature, or you can pay for an account with STW.
Regards
DanI have just updated the FAQ to clarify the changes in V1.20. The changes should appear sometime in the next 24 hours.
Please read these STW resources for more detail (these would have been emailed to you by STW):
http://www.shrinktheweb.com/content/how-do-i-lock-my-account.html
http://www.shrinktheweb.com/content/what-stw-preview-verification.htmlOnce you’ve got your account working again, please consider leaving a positive rating, and marking the plugin as working.
Bear in mind that out of over 22,000 downloads, only 25 people have ever thanked me for WP Portfolio. Most people just complain. Hardly motivation for us plugin developers to release plugins for free.
Regards
DanShrinkTheWeb.com have indeed changed their model, so the refresh is no longer needed for the Basic Account, because it uses Javascript to load the image now, rather than being cached.
Additionally, ShrinkTheWeb.com have sent several messages to their users saying that you now need to lock your account to your website (details are on the WP Portfolio FAQ) for security reasons.
So WP Portfolio is not broken. STW have just changed the way their free accounts work.
Regards
Dan[ Signature moderated. ]You’re welcome Jeff. The donate button is available on this page:
http://www.wpdoctors.co.uk/our-wordpress-plugins/wp-portfolio/With caching, if you’re having issues, that usually means you have something going wrong. Extend the cache time to a few hours, which will help. Clearly this is only if you have a site with a low amount/frequency of changing content.
Dan
Hi Jeff
It’s up and ready for you π V1.20 is live.
Dan
Hi Jeff
Right, I’ll get on with the shortcode enhancement. Should be in V1.20.
Thanks for your positive feedback. The slider was already part of the WooThemes template I based my design on: http://www.wpdoctors.co.uk/recommends/woothemes
Kind Regards
DanHi Jeff
2) The version is within the list of plugins. π
Those pages are taking a little while to load, do you have caching installed?
Are you putting the shortcode into the description field? If so, it should be a simple tweak to add shortcode support.
I’ll add the feature (once you’ve confirmed the above about where the shortcode goes). If you’re happy, please consider leaving a donation, which is for any amount you’re comfortable with.
Kind Regards
DanHello (what’s your name?)
1) What triggered the change in behaviour? Did you upgrade WordPress?
2) What version of WP Portfolio are/were you using?
3) I wasn’t aware that the plugin ever supported internal shortcodes. It certainly didn’t intentionally. That might have been a random side effect and you got lucky.
4) What’s your website?
5) Where are you adding the shortcodes?
I’m currently working on a new release of WP Portfolio to handle the STW changes. I can add shortcode support for a small fee if that’s of interest?
Kind Regards
DanYes you can make it match. What I’m saying is that the issue is nothing to do with WP Portfolio.
It’s due to having an extraneous
<tt>HTML in your page within the text, which is using the courier font. If you remove that tag, it will fix it.Regards
DanHello
There are no fonts included with WP Portfolio. You have a stray
<tt>tag in your page that’s showing the courier-type font.Regards
DanForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Plugin: WordPress Portfolio (WP Portfolio)]: Pagination doesn't workHello,
Yes, that’s a known issue.
Regards
DanHello,
Please tell me (in a list), what you’ve tried. Also, please check the list in the FAQ of the things you’ve tried.
Regards
DanThis is a CSS/styling, rather than a problem with the plugin.
This might help:
http://www.wpdoctors.co.uk/wp-portfolio-an-easy-css-grid-layout/Regards
DanIt sounds like Heart Internet is a little flakey for WP Portfolio then. I’ll see if I can think of a solution for where images are on the same host.
Dan
Hi Ben
You’re welcome. I just happened to be looking at my email π
If that’s the case, then fopen will not work either. I’m not sure why they consider blocking self-connections is a security measure, but I’m sure they have their reasons.
A better location for storing your images might be DropBox (http://www.wpdoctors.co.uk/recommends/dropbox) where you can add images to the public folder within WP Portfolio.
Kind Regards
Dan