Dan Harrison
Forum Replies Created
-
Looking at the header data for both websites, the CSS information is getting mangled due to one of your plugins in http://passion-cheval.net/partenaires/ – very likely to be a plugin behaving badly.
For any live site, you shouldn’t really use the portfolio CSS in the header.
So go to:
WP Portfolio -> Layout SettingsAnd copy all of the CSS into styles.css for your theme.
Regards
DanHello
Having looked at the header code, the CSS is not being shown in your jQuery theme. Possibly because it’s doing something odd with adding style files to the header.
As far as I can see, it’s nothing to do with the plugin, and everything to do with how the theme header is being rendered.
Kind Regards
DanForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Wordpress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] Changing CSS not workingThis is a just a matter of understanding how CSS works.
.website-name a,.website-url a { text-decoration: none; }becomes
.website-name a,.website-url a { text-decoration: none; color: #000; }If that doesn’t work, then you have an issue with the order in which CSS files are loaded. And you’ll need the help of developer/designer to fix it.
Regards
DanForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Wordpress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] upgrades are still frustratingRight, based on the issue with styles and what you’ve told me, I’m pretty sure I’ve found the problem and why it hits you and not me.
When a setting is set to 0/false, the install/upgrade code sets up a default value. The code assumes that there’s never intentionally a 0/false value, which is wrong in the case of update frequency, the credit link and the styles.
I’ll fix this as soon as I can.
Dan
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Wordpress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] upgrades are still frustratingI take your points. Sadly I’m very thin skinned, and do react badly when my work or myself is criticised.
I’ve never encountered the error myself (I use my plugin on 2 websites). However, from looking at the code, I have a theory why the problem is occurring, and why it’s affecting you and never affects me.
Do you only get the issue with settings not being maintained when upgrading, with these options?:
1) Disabling the credit link?
2) “Never Expire Thumbnails” is selected?Or are there any other options that get hit? Presumably the STW codes are fine?
Dan
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Wordpress Portfolio Plugin (WP Portfolio)] upgrades are still frustratingIf you have so much trouble using the plugin, why do you continue to use it? There are now other portfolio plugins around. Additionally, if you’re never refreshing images, it’d be wise to use static images rather than use a plugin.
The plugin is provided free, without warranty. It’s a bit much to expect flawless functionality.
Regards
DanYou’re very welcome.
A great rating on the plugin page would be appreciated. π
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-portfolio/Dan
You have a rogue
<code>tag in your page content. Go to the HTML view when editing the page and remove it πDan
Hello, are you still getting this issue? I can’t see any issue from looking at the website in Firefox.
Regards
DanHi Chaps,
Yeah, Q2 on the new FAQ page.
I’ve not been able to get WordPress.org to use my new FAQ in the readme.txt. So I’ve created a new FAQ on my own website, and I’ll link to it in upcoming updates in WP Portfolio.
So the new FAQ is here:
http://www.wpdoctors.co.uk/our-wordpress-plugins/wp-portfolio/faqs/Kind Regards
DanYep, this is a bug in the plugin. I’ll fix it for next release.
Dan
Ah, I know what happened. I didn’t set a default properly, I’ll fix that in the next release.
Thanks
DanThis might be due to the paging template update. Go to the layout settings and save the settings. See if that works.
Kind Regards
DanSadly I get 1 to 2 emails a week complaining or criticising me about this plugin. It erodes my interest in the plugin as a result. Most WP developers feel unappreciated.
I completely understand how you feel based on my reaction. If you re-read your first sentence in your message, you blame my plugin for inserting a nasty link. If you look at the code, it does no such thing. When someone criticises my hard work, I take it personally, especially as so few people say thank you.
Dan
Thanks for the donation. You need to lock your STW account to your website, as documented by STW in their important emails recently.
I’ve tried updating the FAQ on WordPress.org, but the update isn’t working. So I’ll get a new FAQ up ASAP.
Regards
Dan