Dan Harrison
Forum Replies Created
-
Right
1) Deactivate plugin
2) Edit line 26 of wp-portfolio.php, change: define(‘WPP_VERSION’, ‘1.24’); to define(‘WPP_VERSION’, ‘1.00’);
3) Activate plugin (nothing should happen)4) Deactivate plugin
5) Edit line 26 of wp-portfolio.php, change: define(‘WPP_VERSION’, ‘1.00’); to define(‘WPP_VERSION’, ‘1.24’);
6) Activate plugin (this should add the columns such as customfield)If that doesn’t work, then something else is going on, possibly with your database.
Dan
Hello
The plugin should automatically create the database tables, and customfield is basically one of those missing fields.
How comfortable are you with editing plugin files? I’ve got a trick that should work…
Dan
Sometimes browsers bring back old cached files at odd times, that’s why it occurred. I get it all the time 🙂
Dan
Seems fine to me. STW have already told me they’re not making further changes to the JS.
Have you done a Ctrl-R (to reload the page) in your browser to force a browser cache refresh of all javascript files?
Kind Regards
DanHello
I’m sorry, I don’t understand your problem. I’m guessing, but do you want to add code before and after each individual item in the widget?
If so, you just need to edit the ‘Layout HTML’ in the WP Portfolio widget settings when you’ve added a widget to your sidebar.
Dan
Really sorry guys, I messed up V1.23 on the frontend. Just fixed it and released V1.24. No need to add the pagepix.js to head anymore, as the plugin is now fixed.
Thanks for your patience!
Dan
[ Signature moderated. ]Hi Rene
Erm, no, the free account should work perfectly. It’s working fine on my test system. It should be working…
If this is not the case, please dig around and let me know more. You might need to load http://www.shrinktheweb.com/scripts/pagepix.js and hit Ctrl-R.
Kind Regards
DanHi All
STW confirmed the issue was due to a change to their scripts for security reasons. The change has been removed for now, and therefore your issues should be gone.
In the meantime I’ll shortly release a V1.23 of WP Portfolio which deals with script loading more appropriately to minimise the impact if something like this happens again.
Thanks for your help in reporting and finding the issue.
Dan
[ Signature moderated. ]I’m talking to STW now. They confirm the issue is due to a change they made. I’m working with them on a fix, should be sorted within 24 hours.
Kind Regards
DanHi Rene
Thanks for the login. I’ve uploaded the patch to your website, and you can now use the rest of the admin area. When I release an update, you’ll be able to update to the latest without any issue.
I can confirm the issue is due to ShrinkTheWeb’s pagepix.js file, and I’m working with them to get it fixed.
I’ve improved the code in WP Portfolio to only load pagepix.js on the front of the website and when editing any portfolio items in the admin area. This prevents the javascript error (which still exists at the time of writing) from damaging other parts of the WordPress admin area.
Once STW have got back to me, I’ll reply again here. Once the error is completely fixed, I’ll release a new update for WP Portfolio. Should be 2-3 days at the most.
If you want to get a patched version of the plugin now, please contact me via my site:
http://www.wpdoctors.co.uk/contact/Thanks for help guys
DanHi Rene
Email to use: hello AT wpdoctors.co.uk
You can activate the plugin, that’s fine.
Thanks
DanHi Rene
Yes, I do still need access please. I want to verify that I’ve located the issue.
Thanks
DanActually, I’m not able to replicate the issue. Could one of you give me admin access to one of your sites please? I’d like to see where the error is.
I’ve already been in contact with ShrinkTheWeb regarding this, as I think I’ve found a bug in the code if you’re a free user.
Thanks
DanRight, this clearly seems to be an issue for people, so I’ll get on to this today.
If you’re happy/keen to test out a development version (to make sure I’ve got the fix right), could you email me via my contact form please?
http://www.wpdoctors.co.uk/contact/Thanks for taking the time to report the issue.
Dan Harrison
[ Signature moderated. ]Fantastic, thanks for letting me know Peggy.