Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)
  • Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    Okay, outbox zero. And I seem to have a follow @solarbird@solarbird.net again so that implies other material is being processed now. Let me try a test post.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @pfefferle started with the 500 limit. Running fine so far.

    How do I requeue those individual events? It’s not important right now but knowing how that works could be very handy for future events.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @pfefferle they are not all historical posts – a bunch of replies never went out, nor did a followup post. But the overwhelming majority are, and if this will get us working again, I don’t care about those replies and that one follow-up post. I can do without them being federated.

    @obenland do you want me to try pulling the IDs to see what happens? with and/or without the –posts_per_page=500 parametre?

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by solarbird.
    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @obenland Ah, so that’s how to do that. [does]

    9683. yikes.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @obenland However, as I’m root on these systems, I do have access to wp_config and I have pumped the outbox processor size to 600 as per above.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @obenland I assure you that is not what is going on. In addition to running my normal offboard cron, I am currently running a secondary offboard cron which is hitting wp-cron.php every two seconds.

    (I upped that to every 0.5 seconds during Sunday while trying to clear out the queue.)

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by solarbird.
    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @pfefferle | Success: Deleted a total of 732 cron events.

    we immediately regain 737 custom events, however.

    Trying activitypub_reprocess_outbox deletion…

    Success: Deleted a total of 1 cron event.

    Re-deleting activitypub_async_batch gets…

    Success: Deleted a total of 731 cron events.

    I undo follow request, redo it…. and no change. We are also back up to 374 custom events already.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @pfefferle I have done this several times and they reappear, but I can do it again. Would you prefer via wp-cli or via the plugin? I realise it shouldn’t matter but I am asking anyway.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @pfefferle yes, that’s how I’m looking at the queue.

    @obenland They are almost entirely activitypub_async_batch events.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @pfefferle I don’t know how to look at the outbox itself, that seems very reasonable to me but I don’t know how to check it.

    Currently the cron queue has 750 events in it but they’re all dated right now or later. I don’t know whether this is normal or not, but when I’ve used wp-cli to force quick processing of them, they empty out, and then new ones queue up.

    (This is down from well over 8000, many of which took 30-70 seconds to run.)

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by solarbird.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by solarbird.
    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @obenland No, wp-cron is running, cron wp cron jobs are being queued and run. Running them manually from wp-cli works apparently normally also.

    (Yes, all of this started when I did a bulk disabling of pingback on old posts – all 8100 of them. Unfortuntely, I discovered that this meant all posts got marked as edited, which generated ActivityPub post-edit notifications for every single post. I used wp-cli to push all the cron tasks through at higher speed, it took a solid day. But we got through them, eventually.)

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by solarbird.
    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @obenland Nothing federates outward. Replies to existing posts do seem to get picked up, but nothing new goes out. Follow requests don’t work, including existing follows. I went to a second account on my Mastodon instance which also follows @solarbird@solarbird.net and that account, shows its previous follow – a follow which has been in place since the blog went up – as “pending” suddenly. But the blog thinks both accounts are already followers.

    I think this is why nothing is going out.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    Another update: I can refresh the @solarbird@solarbird.net profile now from the Mastodon admin interface. But follows are definitely broken – if I try to follow from Mastodon I get the request-pending/cancel follow request state that cannot, naturally, be resolved. And no posts federate right now.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    I dug into WP-CLI and used the stock commands to have it chug through the massive backload of cron tasks at an accelerated rate, and it did. But it’s in a bad state now, and we’re not federating… anything, as far as I can tell. It is running new cron tasks, but new posts aren’t going out.

    New posts aren’t going out. Old posts that got out can be replied to from Mastodon, and they reach the blog, but attempts to refresh the profile fail with a Errorphant, so we look like we’re in a rather bad state of some kind.

    Don’t really know where to start on this. I mean… is it valid to deactivate and then reactivate the ActivityPub plugin? I didn’t even know that was a safe operation tho’ your comments earlier on this thread imply that it is. xD

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by solarbird.
    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    No, I don’t want that!

    I just want the action of disabling pingbacks on a post – the act of turning pingbacks off – to not trigger a post edit notification.

    Right now if you turn off pingbacks/trackbacks on a post, the post gets flagged as edited and everyone who has interacted with it across the federation gets an edit notification.

    That’s what’s clogged up my outbox.

    I am suggesting that this is unnecessary, because if you do it in bulk, literally every post you have gets flagged as edited and sends out an edit notification to every single person who ever interacted with any post.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 78 total)