Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @obenland Certainly nothing new. We also run the Friends plugin, but that’s not new either, we’ve been running it for months. I have these plugins active:

    ActivityPub
    Advanced Excerpt
    Askimet
    Classic Editor (which I don’t even use)
    Friends
    Include Mastodon Feed
    Independent Analytics
    JournalPress (cross-poster to Dreamwidth)
    WP-Control

    and that’s it

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @obenland Yeah I changed it back briefly, then changed it back to 600 again. This was because we seemed momentarily to be working, and then we weren’t again, and I wondered if the 600 queue size was somehow causing problems. But it wasn’t, so I went back to 600 again.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    Here’s what’s sitting in the outbox:

    +-------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------+---------------------+-------------+
    | ID | post_title | post_name | post_date | post_status |
    +-------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------+---------------------+-------------+
    | 45379 | [Announce] Update: Are we federating again?Let’s find… | | 2025-02-17 14:23:44 | pending |
    | 45378 | [Update] Note: Are we federating again?Let’s find… | | 2025-02-17 14:23:44 | pending |
    | 45373 | [Announce] Create: After 29 minutes (ish), it… | | 2025-02-17 14:12:00 | pending |
    | 45372 | [Create] Note: After 29 minutes (ish), it… | | 2025-02-17 14:12:00 | pending |
    | 45360 | [Create] Note: Are we federating again?Let’s find… | | 2025-02-17 13:39:43 | pending |
    | 45358 | [Announce] Update: are we caught up? yes,… | | 2025-02-17 13:38:01 | pending |
    | 45357 | [Update] Note: are we caught up? yes,… | | 2025-02-17 13:38:01 | pending |
    +-------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------+---------------------+-------------+
    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    Also @pfefferle I ask because a reply to that post has still not federated, an edit to the test post has not federated, and the outbox is still sitting on 7 and not changing, even though the system is idle. If it’s working through something, I’m not seeing any signs of it.

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by solarbird.
    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @obenland that’s just bad terminal word-wrap, sorry, didn’t notice, here’s current and it looks like what you expect:

    | activitypub_async_batch | 2025-02-17 22:32:37 | [["Activitypub\Dispatcher","send_to_followers"],45378,100,0] |
    | activitypub_async_batch | 2025-02-17 22:32:37 | [["Activitypub\Dispatcher","send_to_followers"],45379,100,0] |
    | activitypub_async_batch | 2025-02-17 22:32:37 | [["Activitypub\Dispatcher","send_to_followers"],45358,600,0] |
    | activitypub_async_batch | 2025-02-17 22:32:37 | [["Activitypub\Dispatcher","send_to_followers"],45367,600,0] |
    | activitypub_async_batch | 2025-02-17 22:32:37 | [["Activitypub\Dispatcher","send_to_followers"],45368,600,0] |
    | activitypub_async_batch | 2025-02-17 22:32:37 | [["Activitypub\Dispatcher","send_to_followers"],45372,100,0] |
    | activitypub_async_batch | 2025-02-17 22:32:37 | [["Activitypub\Dispatcher","send_to_followers"],45373,100,0] |
    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @pfefferle I… presume you’re talking about some other, internal queues we haven’t specifically examined?

    (I replied to the wordpress post that finally got out from within WordPress. It has not yet federated.)

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    WAIT sorry read the wrong number. I don’t know that for sure.

    (was : One of the events in the outbox cleared, too. )

    I replied to the post from within WordPress. So far, no good. 7 items in outbox.

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by solarbird.
    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    Okay suddenly the “Are we federating again?” post appeared. I don’t know why, I didn’t change anything.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @obenland okay looks like they’re just getting re-queued, they’re cycling around in a loop.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    this is what that looks like:

    | hook | next_run_gmt | args |
    | activitypub_async_batch | 2025-02-17 22:04:54 | [["Activitypub\Dispatcher","send_to_followers"],4536 |
    | | | 7,600,0] |
    | activitypub_async_batch | 2025-02-17 22:04:54 | [["Activitypub\Dispatcher","send_to_followers"],4536 |
    | | | 8,600,0] |
    | activitypub_async_batch | 2025-02-17 22:05:13 | [["Activitypub\Dispatcher","send_to_followers"],4536 |
    | | | 0,600,0] |
    | activitypub_async_batch | 2025-02-17 22:05:34 | [["Activitypub\Dispatcher","send_to_followers"],4535 |
    | | | 8,600,0] |
    | cron_friends_refresh_feeds | 2025-02-17 22:09:38 | [] |
    | activitypub_update_followers | 2025-02-17 22:38:23 | [] |
    | wp_privacy_delete_old_export_files | 2025-02-17 22:48:43 | [] |
    | recovery_mode_clean_expired_keys | 2025-02-18 03:48:43 | [] |
    | wp_version_check | 2025-02-18 03:48:43 | [] |
    | wp_update_plugins | 2025-02-18 03:48:43 | [] |
    | wp_update_themes | 2025-02-18 03:48:43 | [] |
    | wp_scheduled_delete | 2025-02-18 03:49:07 | [] |
    | delete_expired_transients | 2025-02-18 03:49:07 | [] |
    | wp_scheduled_auto_draft_delete | 2025-02-18 03:49:07 | [] |
    | wp_update_user_counts | 2025-02-18 03:49:07 | [] |
    | akismet_scheduled_delete | 2025-02-18 09:12:55 | [] |
    | activitypub_cleanup_followers | 2025-02-18 18:38:23 | [] |
    | activitypub_outbox_purge | 2025-02-18 21:12:10 | [] |
    | wp_delete_temp_updater_backups | 2025-02-19 20:27:46 | [] |
    | wp_site_health_scheduled_check | 2025-02-23 03:48:43 | [] |
    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @obenland Even if I run them manually, the outbox isn’t updating. Still at 5 pending.

    okay that’s weird

    jumped up to 6 and then back down to 5.

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by solarbird.
    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @pfefferle I do not have WP-CRON specifically disabled, I didn’t see any reason not to run both. Running both has been working fine since … Sepetember 2023.

    If that turned into a bad idea with more recent wordpress updates I can disable the internal cron.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    Outbox queue staying at 5.

    ./wp post list –post_type=ap_outbox –post_status=pending –format=count
    5

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    @obenland Four activitypub_async_batch and the regular recurring items.

    Thread Starter solarbird

    (@solarbird)

    Test post is not Federating, at least, not yet… and follows aren’t working again now either. There are five items in the outbox and that doesn’t seem to be updating.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)