Marco Beierer
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Very ResponsiveHi Jim
Thank you very much for your review and your input during the development process of the new feature. I’m glad that the CSV export function fulfills your needs.
Best regards and have a nice time
MarcoForum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Too simple for meHi Toby
Thank you for your feedback.
I like the idea to move the Link Checker to the Tools menu. I cannot move it there completely because I expect that many current users wouldn’t find it anymore, but adding an option for the users to select where he/she likes to place the Link Checker could work. I just have to figure out how I handle the submenu items of the Link Checker.
I opened an issue on GitHub to keep track of this.
Best regards and have a nice day
MarcoForum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Too simple for meHi Toby
Thank you for your review. Unfortunate to hear that the Link Checker does not work out for you.
A function to remove broken links directly will not be implemented anytime soon for the Link Checker. Mainly because I belief that just removing broken links is not a good solution in the most cases. In many situations it is necessary to rewrite or restructure the content.
Such a function would also come with a high risk because the HTML code that you see in the wild is often invalid or badly formatted and this makes manipulation very hard and error-prone. So it’s necessary to recheck each automatic correction manually anyway.
What I consider implementing are helper functions to edit the links. For example highlighting of the broken links on the live site with an overlay or quick links to switch to the editor.
One of the advantages of the Link Checker compared to the Broken Link Checker is that it checks your complete site and not just posts, pages, comments, the blogroll, and custom fields.
To further strengthen this advantage I’m planning to add full JavaScript support in the near future.
Best regards and further much success
MarcoHi @wfchar
Thank you very much for your effort and your reply. I’m glad that you consider adding a separate whitelist.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Mostly UsefulHi valsc
Thank you very much for your review. I’m glad that the Link Checker helped you to improve your site.
I’m aware of the false positives, but it is sadly very hard to reduce the number of false positives because many sites block small crawlers and do not respond in a uniform and appropriate way. Some respond with a custom status code, some just return a status code 404 or others return 403 (forbidden) if the crawler is blocked. Also some plugins like Wordfence make trouble.
However, improving the quality of the results is my main focus for the next months after I have worked mainly on usability the last few months.
Some weeks ago I have implemented a “Mark as fixed on all pages” button which is especially useful to mark false positives and get cleaner results.
Best regards and have a nice evening
MarcoForum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Excellent Customer SupportHi Rose
Thank you very much for your review, I’m glad I was able to help you.
Best regards and further much success
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Link Checker] Paid for token, can’t get to resultsHi murryg81
I had a look at the issue and you have made a small mistake in the purchase form. In the purchase form, you inserted the domain with the protocol and without www (https://musingsfromaredhead.com) instead of just the domain (musingsfromaredhead.com). Under these circumstances the token verification works stricter than normal and fails if you try the Link Checker from your admin panel when you are logged in via https://www.musingsfromaredhead.com (with www).
I have just fixed this and the Link Checker is now more tolerant and will detect such situations in the future. I will publish the new version on the server (no new plugin version) this night.
Please write me a short email to email@marcobeierer.com and I will send you new token as a little excuse for the trouble you had. The new token would be valid for 180 days instead of the 30 days purchased.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Link Checker] Paid for token, can’t get to resultsHi murryg81
I had a look at the issue and you have made a small mistake in the purchase form. In the purchase form, you inserted the domain with the protocol and without www (https://musingsfromaredhead.com) instead of just the domain (musingsfromaredhead.com). Under these circumstances the token verification works stricter than normal and fails if you try the Link Checker from your admin panel when you are logged in via https://www.musingsfromaredhead.com (with www).
I have just fixed this and the Link Checker is now more tolerant and will detect such situations in the future. I will publish the new version on the server (no new plugin version) this night.
Please find below a new token as a little excuse for the trouble you had. The new token is valid for 180 days instead of the 30 days purchased.
Best regards
MarcoeyJhbGciOiJSUzUxMiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJEb21haW4iOiJ3d3cubXVzaW5nc2Zyb21hcmVkaGVhZC5jb20iLCJQYWdlTGltaXQiOjI1MDAwLCJTZXJ2aWNlIjoiTGluayBDaGVja2VyIiwiZXhwIjoxNTQwNzYzMDYxLCJpc3MiOiJNYXJjbyBCZWllcmVyIiwic3ViIjoibGlua2NoZWNrZXIifQ.H8fhADQzjSHT9pjfgPpDR_JXMRmdQwNe4Lrw2b1ijIcoPzkJdhKY8mMjRZVeLb5P6qdO9W2rc2NklNUQJtPJsEf4O4l7tp7qER5iJ0k4svdvbP9Zn8N77tQclte8x_Sw9slVLzBI-L-92bNo2xmfGDlnKUW4mmSHWSuWo4OzIO8lRpJ8mZuTt20m8ZPGa2Mov-7aIlQ3nW2OgvX9lepDnLN3A6aZsBNaayR6lr09c5qIPUDxsnkFU1QycM29B6e0Ns9QEK08ALjF5t0QbT85hyN2-8pl1i2ygniBdXjNjI8RRHYXE25QB_ZbVYSuTs0QIlEJgds2wiwVtYVreANSMXf-xWrH9AFjEeGMtqClRBrsTvWbxeTL75yGdPNvlr5wQOiIawguLgOdsSy5EPo2Kurrj1JxfqvkXIEBRMOQCR3IeM-GFY0oDLsP-HNpW1RY1N4XGZEeAH2VCWhsTjhB1ggtrq799gdIFA2CeYvAd0v6G_sxj1wxTMGK7YG14CI2rKhd5SsfevmcokTulyARp4Tw5bY8DrWhQQlQ1Ao8PmyjU3rwbh9c41r0qod3JDxgkI4jUe3Do2aA_Px9m4__Y5MRApdZzMONNwU603rrgQgvRceWGtGILpcbLKMbHdNgRiDFIMskRgdkXVbjSUd6Q7ac0umX3W_FUOknKqfZdYg
- This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Marco Beierer.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Link Checker] Paid for token, can’t get to resultsHi murryg81
Thank you for your purchase and sorry for the trouble you have.
You find the contact details on my website:
https://www.marcobeierer.com/contactI will have a look if I find the origin of the issue and report back soon.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] Sitemap can’t generateHi Eiko
I have just published version 1.4.3 of the Sitemap Generator, which should solve your issue. The cause of the issue was most probably a bug in the IPv6 implementation of your servers curl version or the PHP curl integration. In the new version the usage of IPv4 is enforced.
Please let me know if you have still trouble using the Sitemap Generator.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] Sitemap can’t generateHi Eiko
Thank you for using the Sitemap Generator and your report.
I had a quick look, but found nothing suspicious. The Sitemap Generator is up and running. Could you maybe try to use the Sitemap Generator again? Maybe it was just a temporary problem.
I will also investigate this later if there could be any issue with the IPv6 connection.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Excellent Link PluginHi Fintan
Thank you very much for your review. I’m glad you are happy with the Link Checker and the newly added support for embedded YouTube videos.
I really appreciate that you gave me such valuable feedback in our email conversation. This is what allows me to make the plugin better.
I wish you further much success.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Link Checker Error – won’t read siteMy Link Checker is a remote link checker with a WordPress integration. The user interface is in the plugin, but the work is done by a crawler operated by me. Thus not a classical plugin solution, but with the comfort of a plugin π
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Link Checker Error – won’t read siteA status code 204 normally isn’t bad. It’s not an error, it just says: the resource was accessed successfully, but no content was returned because there is intentionally no content.
You could also have a look at my Link Checker. It crawls a website like a normal visitor and thus also follows links.
Best regards,
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] Translation to spanishThank you for all the work you have done.