Marco Beierer
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Reviews
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] Great pluginThank you for your review, I’m glad you like the Sitemap Generator.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] website not reachablePerfect, thank you for the information.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
Have a nice evening,
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] website not reachableHi @satartor
I just checked the log files and saw that the website was not reachable because it provided an invalid SSL/TLS certificate for HTTPS.
I have checked it now and the generation worked fine. Have you maybe replaced the certificate today?
Can you try it again and tell me if it works now? Probably it was just a temporary problem.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] website not reachableHi @satartor
Thank you for your purchase.
Was your purchase from today? If not, can you send me the URL of your website?
I will have a look and reply soon.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Doesn’t work on my websiteWhy could you not just use the support forum and request help for your issue?
If the URL is not reachable, that normally means that a plugin you have installed or your webhoster is blocking the Link Checker. Thus it is not an issue of the Link Checker itself, but I’m always willing to help with trouble shooting if someone just asks!
I have invested hundreds of hours in the development of the Link Checker and even provide the basic version for free, but you can’t take five minutes to ask a question in the support forum and instead go for a one star review? Sorry, but that’s so sad…
Forum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Video check is paidYes, exactly as the description says.
Why did you expect that it is free?
And why did you leave a one star review just because it’s not free, even if I nowhere mention that video support is free?
Best regards and have a nice day
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] seperate site mapsI’m going to mark this request as solved because I got no reply in three weeks. Please let me know if I still can help you.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] seperate site mapsHi @word13
Thank you for your purchase.
Sorry, but it is not possible to create separate site maps for each media type. Why do you like to do this? Maybe I can provide a solution for your specific problem.
I had a quick look at the sitemap but cannot see something that could cause the errors. Can you send me more details about the errors so that I can have a closer look?
Please let me know if you like a refund.
Forum: Reviews
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] Buen PulginHi @erikacortes
Thank you very much for your review. I’m glad you like the Sitemap Generator and that you took the time to write a review!
Best regards and have a nice day
MarcoThank you for your review.
—
1) The Link Checker does not make a difference between the page types and also does not know the type of each page, so it does not ignore category archives.
However, it provides a function to mark a link as fixed on all pages, which can be helpful to cleanup the results quickly once that link was fixed.
This may not work in every case, because maybe the same link is also in another post, but this one you would find with the next check.
One big advantage of this technical approach is, that it finds all broken links on your website. Other link checker plugins that check the content locally, just find broken links in the supported parts of your website, for example in posts.
—
2) I have decided not to implement a 1 click solution for two reasons.
One is that is very hard to do because how the Link Checker technically works. It does crawl your site like a normal visitor and thus does not know about the internal structure and it would be very time consuming to implement a 1 click solution feature.
The other reason is that I don’t think just removing links is a good way to fix your broken links. In the most cases it would be much better to rewrite larger parts of the article to keep the quality of the page up.
The only thing the Link Checker does to help you in these cases, is to provide quick links to the editor with the affected post opened, so that you can edit your posts quickly.
I’m also planning to show the link anchor text in the results so that you can find the broken links in the posts faster.
—
I hope this gives some context.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Useless and doesn’t workThank you for your reply, but why have you not just used the support forum?
If you do a plugin search in WordPress and open the plugin details, there is a description which clearly states that it is not totally free and also clearly states that it uses an external server to crawl your website and check for broken links.
See for example https://wordpress.org/plugins/link-checker/ , this page is also shown in the plugin search if you click to view the details.
Sorry, to be to harsh, but it just makes me sad that the plugin is now dead (under 4 stars overall rating) just because of people like you who don’t use the free support forum or complain that there is also a paid version and leave a one star review because of that.
By the way, if you really work for free for a non profit organization, I gave away lots of free tokens for the pro version to non profit organizations over the last years.
- This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Marco Beierer.
Forum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Useless and doesn’t workI just had a quick look at your website and you have set a crawl-delay of 60 seconds in your robots.txt. The Link Checker and other crawlers are thus just allowed to visit one page every 60 seconds.
This explains why it was so slow, but the Link Checker shows a clearly visible alert message in these cases and the message also explains how you can change the crawl-delay!
Forum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Useless and doesn’t workHi @cmba
I’m sorry that the Link Checker made you feel so bad that you had to leave a one star review.
If something doesn’t work, there is a support forum and I’m very responsive. The most issues are caused by badly configured web hosts or websites, but are resolved quickly.
There is no need to pay for the plugin if you have a small to medium size website. Up to 500 URLs per scan are free.
If you would have had a look at the description of the plugin, you would have seen within a few seconds that the free version is limited. Sorry, but if you don’t read the description, I’m unable to tell you that you have to pay for some extra features.
The Link Checker uses servers operated by me to check for broken URLs. I thus have to rent and operate servers, which is not free, to provide the service. I have also invested hundreds of hours of my time in the development of the plugin. So I think it is reasonable to take a small amount for the usage with large websites or do you work for free?
Best regards
MarcoForum: Reviews
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] Great plugin for starting a new websiteHello Ricardo,
Thank you very much for modifying your review, I really appreciate it.
I know that there are lots of sitemap generators available and I understand that mine is not for everyone. I thus try to explain the limitations (and advantages) as good as possible in the description so that every user can decide based on the description.
It just makes me sad when the reason for 4 out of 6 one-star-reviews is that the plugin is not free.
Best regards and have a nice day,
MarcoForum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Check social and affiliateHi Pierre
Thank you for your review.
The URLs first found are checked first by the Link Checker, so in your case this are probably the affiliate and social links, but every URL is just counted once, even if a URL is on multiple sites. So you probably have over 500 (affiliate and social) links/URLs.
The Link Checker uses servers operated by me to check for broken URLs. I thus have to rent and operate servers, which is not free, to provide the service. I have also invested hundreds of hours of my time in the development of the plugin.
I thus have to ask for a small fee from professional users to be able to operate and improve the Link Checker. I hope you understand.
Best regards,
Marco