Marco Beierer
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Reviews
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] Great plugin for starting a new websiteI’m sorry that the Sitemap Generator made you feel so bad that you had to leave a one star review.
The Sitemap Generator uses servers operated by me to generate the sitemaps. I thus have to rent and operate servers, which is not free, to provide the service. I have also invested hundreds of hours of my time for the development of the plugin.
Thus I think it is fair to ask for a small fee from professional users. The limits of the free version are high enough for 95 percent of the users.
I also clearly state the limitations of the free version in the description of the plugin. So everyone who reads the description knows if he/she can use the plugin for free or not before installing the plugin.
Best regards,
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Link Checker] Double links foundHi @bizwriter
That does not sound right, can you send me a screenshot to email@marcobeierer.com so that I can have a closer look?
Best regards
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Link Checker] Error: Website not reachableHi @kdbloom
Thank you for info, I’m glad that I could help and that you were able to fix problem.
If you like the Link Checker, I would be deeply grateful if you might write a short review. This would help to make the Link Checker more popular and thus indirectly allows me to invest more time in the development.
Best regards and have a nice evening
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Link Checker] Error: Website not reachableHi @kdbloom
I had a look at your site and it seems that your site has a redirection issue. All pages I tried to access, except the main page, have many redirect between http and https.
Thus if I try to access https://framedepotgj.com/services/services-for-artists/, it redirects me to http://framedepotgj.com/services/services-for-artists/, from there back to https://framedepotgj.com/services/services-for-artists/ and again back to http://framedepotgj.com/services/services-for-artists/.
This goes a few rounds and at some point the page is shown. However, the Link Checker gives up after 10 redirects and thus it does not work.
This issue is also the reason that your site is relatively slow… When you have fixed the issue, the Link Checker should work.
I hope this helps.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Work well on my websiteThank you very much for your review.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Link Checker] Website not reachableHi Kyle,
year, probably. If you send me the link to your website, I can check if it is the same issue.
Best regards,
MarcoForum: Reviews
In reply to: [Link Checker] Easy to use and flexibleForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Link Checker] Website not reachableHi @mish99
To fix working redirects I would click on the redirected URL in the Link Checker results to open the the target page and then copy the target URL from the browsers address bar. Then you can open the post with the redirected link and replace the target URL if the content on the target page is still the same you have linked originally.
Does this answer your question?
Generally speaking I would say that it is good to get rid of redirects, but I wouldn’t give it the highest priority. If you have other tasks to do that add value to your website, I would recommend to do them first.
A redirect with just one hop is not too bad and normally does not harm. The problem with redirects is that they are sometimes just temporary after a website got restructued and may be removed in the future. If this happens you would end up with broken links.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Link Checker] Website not reachableHi @mish99
Can you try it again? Maybe it was just a temporary issue.
I just checked your site with the online tool on my website which works basically the same way as the plugin and it worked fine.
Please let me know if it still doesn’t work, then I would have a closer look.
Best regards
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Broken Link Checker] False 403 ErrorsHi Chuck
The status code 403 means forbidden and some sites return it when the page isn’t accessed with a browser, but automated.
In my opinion this is a misuse of the status code, at least if the pages are not listed in the robots.txt file.
And because a status code 403 could also be a valid response, it is very hard to detect the false positives…
Best regards
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] Getting empty sitemapHi @ihorsl
I just had a quick look at your website and all pages I checked have the robots meta element (
<meta name='robots' content='noindex,follow' />) set to noindex.This means the pages are not indexable by search engines and it thus makes no sense to add them to the sitemap and so the Sitemap Generator does not add them…
Best regards
MarcoForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] unable to generate a sitemapMmh, then I would guess that something is not setup correctly. It is definitly spa.hostworks.com that is blocking the requests…
Maybe some blocking rule that overrules the whitelisting?
I’m sorry, but there is nothing I can do about this on my end…
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] unable to generate a sitemapI’m going to close this request as there was no reply for about 3 weeks.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] unable to generate a sitemapWhich kind of firewall? A WordPress plugin firewall or a hardware firewall? The block seems to happen at a hardware firewall. When I trace the route, I get blocked by the server spa.hostworks.com
Do you know if this is the server your site is hosted on or just an entry point to the hosters network?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Sitemap Generator] unable to generate a sitemapwhere have you whitelisted the IP, the Sitemap Generator server still seems to be blocked…