KoolKatDesign
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [AccessPress Parallax] Update issuesThis was the WORST experience I have EVER had with a theme update. Not only did it wipe out my custom CSS and parallax settings but it also wiped out 98% of my existing sidebar widgets.
An update as extensive as this NEEDS to come with a very large and clear warning! I thought all my customizations would be protected because I use a child theme but they were not. This has been a NIGHTMARE. Not nice!!! Shame on you!
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [AccessPress Parallax] Update issuesOK but what about ALL my customized parallax settings that don’t import with the updates?
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [AccessPress Parallax] Update issuesOK but then how do I update to the latest version without losing all my customized CSS and parallax settings again?
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [AccessPress Parallax] Update issuesAfter the update why did the “Theme Options” submenu disappear (in the left navigation under the Appearance tab)? This is where I had previously taken a lot of time to set up all the custom settings including custom CSS (Tools tab). I thought the idea of using a child theme was to protect any customization from being overwritten when parent theme updates become available?
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [AccessPress Parallax] Update issuesHow do I do this? The update is already installed and the custom parallax settings are gone. I have another client using this theme and donโt want the same thing to happen when they install the update. This is a huge issues and the update should come with a warning. How do I fix without having to redesign the custom setting I had established before the update? I had a lot.
Hi @marius_codeinwp,
I do understand that Google can still index URLs blocked by robots.txt if they are linked to from other pages which Google can crawl.
The thing is that I am using the free version of Yoast and didn’t therefore didn’t create the robots.txt file or the url that is throwing the warning.
This page doesn’t exist in the dashboard pages so I am assuming that the calendar app is auto generating it from its scripting?
The good news is that this is the only page I am getting a warning for. Do I just ignore the warning or do I adjust a setting somewhere to stop this conflict from happening? If so, where as this page doesn’t exist in my WP dashboard.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Mmm Simple File List] Display List by file dateTY @canonite that worked like a charm!!! ๐
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Google Maps Error in Event listingsIt seems the error may have been due to the google font code I added to the header.php. once I removed that the error is gone now.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Google Maps Error in Event listingsSwitching themes is not an option at all!!! Are you planning to work on a solution to resolve the conflict? I believe this happened previously (at some point in the last year or so) and you provided a free fix with a plugin update. I love your app and we can’t change our theme. If not, should I contact the theme developer? Is it an issue on their end?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Google Maps Error in Event listingsFYI: We have WordPress 4.9.4 running AccessPress Parallax theme version 1.60 causing the conflict with the all-in-one-event-calendar plugin.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Google Maps Error in Event listingsError)) #1 {main} thrown in /home/nsteen5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-event-calendar/lib/exception/handler.php on line 191
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Google Maps Error in Event listingsHi Sunny,
I just updated our AccessPress Parallax theme and am now getting a fatal error that says:
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Ai1ec_Exception_Handler::handle_exception() must be an instance of Exception, instance of ParseError given in /home/nsteen5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-event-calendar/lib/exception/handler.php:191 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Ai1ec_Exception_Handler->handle_exception(Object(ParseOur serve is running php 7.0. Please help asap
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] Google Maps Error in Event listingsTY so much for the quick response. I created a new API key and that fixed the issue.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] SyntaxError: Unexpected token 'I finally discovered that it was the “Custom Permalinks” plugin causing the calendar error. Once I deactivated it, the error was no longer. ๐
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Timely All-in-One Events Calendar] SyntaxError: Unexpected token 'I do not use any cache plugins?