helenmcgarrigle
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – ForbiddenThank you arvindsinghu and t-p for your help, advice and links.
I ended up going back to live chat with host support who solved the problem within minutes: “It may have been a firewall rule that blocked a large number of IP addresses. I re-enabled wp security without the previous firewall rules”
Although I’m none the wiser as to what went wrong, I really appreciate the input from you both – thank you again π
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – ForbiddenThanks t-p
I’m on live chat with host now.
I followed the instructions on that link you gave me and although I can now get into the admin side, I still get the 403 message when trying to login through my normal route.
Point taken re random users π
Many thanks for the link t-p π
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – ForbiddenOh my Gosh – I’m into the admin
It showed a weird looking list of all the plugins saying none of them existed…
I then went back into cpanel and renamed it to what it should be and reactived all plugins from within admin…. I the disactivated WP Security and WP Supercache.
I still can’t login using the correct login method……
I feel totally lost
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – ForbiddenI asked my brother to try to login to my site – he lives in another country and uses a different browser to me – he gets the same 403 message too
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – ForbiddenI followed t-p’s link, renamed the plugins to plugins.hold, then tried to login to my admin – got the 403 again.
So, I changed back to plugins. Changed the name of the plugin said to be causing the problem and still get the 403 message….
Maybe I’m just not understanding the instructions.
I really appreciate you helping me out, I’m sorry for not understanding what I’m supposed to do…..
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – ForbiddenI only use my lappy….
I renamed the all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall by adding .hold to the end
The site is still showing the 403 – Forbidden error message…..
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – ForbiddenOk, I’ve located the correct site, went into wp-content, renamed the plugin folder, entered my website onto browser – I’m getting this error message again: Error 403 – Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access the requested resource. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.
Do you think it’s ok just to delete the folder called: all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall ??
I’m being thick – I know…..
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – ForbiddenOK – I’m trying to calm down here…..
I clicked on the plugins folder, clicked on ‘rename’ and it’s showing a different website from the one that has the problem…..
I can’t find the website that I need to tackle…..
Give me a few minutes please and I’ll start all over π
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – Forbiddent-p – I still have your link up…. I’m so scared, I’m not thinking straight….
Do I rename the ‘Plugins’ folder ‘plugins.hold’ ?? And then do the other two steps?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – Forbiddenokies π
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – ForbiddenOh – do you mean I should delete the folder named “all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall” ??
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – ForbiddenI clicked into that file and I don’t know what I’m looking at.
when I click on the admin folder it takes me to a page filled with php files and a folder called ‘general’
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – Forbiddenuploads doesn’t have plugins in there…
If I go into the Plugins folder I can see a file called – all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall – that’s the one I’m told has the issue…..
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – Forbiddenarvindsinghu – I’m in cPanel now – I’ve clicked on the file manager section – could you talk me through it please.
I’m not familiar with cPanel tbh
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Error 403 – ForbiddenOh Gosh t-p – that link looks terrifying…. I’ve bookmarked it so I can look at it with fresh eyes and brain tomorrow.
Many thanks for your response π