Chris Tingom
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Need to configure wp-config to allow multiple database usersI am now!! This is awesome. Thanks!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Need to configure wp-config to allow multiple database usersOh well, it’s no big deal. Just a situation where I think my client needs to get a better web host, not that we need to innovate.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Need to configure wp-config to allow multiple database usersVaam – Thanks for the recommendation. I was hoping I might be able to just rotate the username wordpress uses to access the database. If there’s a way to do that in the code it would be a 5 min fix as opposed to something that takes half a day.
I have heard good things about Lightpress though.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Spell check in WordPress 2.0 with WYSIWYGWondered if anybody else was interested in this project?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Need to configure wp-config to allow multiple database usersYeah, in this case it’s out of my control about what host to use. I’ve already recommended getting another host to this customer.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: jacuba not working with 2.0?I was curious if anybody had found a way to get Jacuba to work with the wysiwyg editor in WP 2.0?
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Help Adding SpellCheck Button to TinyMCEIf anybody is interested in helping me out with this issue I am willing to pay. Please contact me: http://www.tornadodesign.com/contact
Thanks –
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Help Adding SpellCheck Button to TinyMCEI started a thread about this up here:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1415390&forum_id=296697Specifically, it removes p tags except in cases where I have alignment formatting (like centered). Doesn’t remove BR tags or blockquote or anything like that.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Help Adding SpellCheck Button to TinyMCEHi everybody, this post is quit timely as I’ve been working for days to get a spell check plugin to work in WP 2.0. The fact that I say days shouldn’t scare you because I’m not too familiar with php so I’m pretty much just hacking.
With that in mind, I tend to get myself into a bind and then eventually out of it with enough effort.
I have the spell check plugin working in 2.0 now based on everything written above.
I got SpellerPages v1 from here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1339856&group_id=103281&atid=738747I made the modifications to the files as suggested above.
For my path to perl I actually had to move the two comment slashes so that I was commenting out the Aspell path on Windows and using the Linux one. That and making sure the path was correct.
I ended up using this:
$aspell_prog = ‘/usr/local/bin/aspell’; //LINUX
The spell check works in FireFox on PC and IE on PC. Doesn’t work in Safari or FireFox on Mac. That’s ok though.
What I am having a problem with (hoping someone can help) is that when I run the spell check (and fix errors or ignore them) and then click Close it removes all of the line breaks.
So if I have a bunch of line breaks in my post it just removes them. Now that is a big pain because it renders it useless.
Any ideas?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Spell check in WordPress 2.0 with WYSIWYGError: Would you like to email me? Use http://www.tornadodesign.com/contact
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Spell check in WordPress 2.0 with WYSIWYGHi again, I’ve messed around with Ajax spell checker some and it works great except doesn’t work in IE. Wondering how yours is different?
http://exotic4.nipne.ro/~iacobs/work/wordpress-plugins/ajax-spell-checker/
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Spell check in WordPress 2.0 with WYSIWYGI will get back to you.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Spell check in WordPress 2.0 with WYSIWYGMore info: has to work in IE and Firefox.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Spell check in WordPress 2.0 with WYSIWYGI would but a client wants it “built in.”
I’m willing to pay for one that works in WP 1.5 or WP 2.0 with a wysiwyg editor.
What about that new Ajax spell checker? Doesn’t it use aspell?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Restaurant Review Blog / SiteWow, great feedback guys. I hadn’t heard of Structured Blogging so I’m going to see if that’s good for this project.