amory
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: HELP !!?!Edited….podz beat me to it 🙂
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Best Gallery Scripts For WordPress 1.5.1.3By to what extent, I mean do you want to add new images via the WordPress admin area, or do you simply want it to be apart of your website? It sounds to me that adding a link to wherever you place your gallery on your server would be sufficient. Regarding where on the server, that is up to you. I prefer to have everything in seperate directories, so I uploaded photostock to a new directory ‘/photography/’ – however you can place the files wherever you like.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Best Gallery Scripts For WordPress 1.5.1.3To what extent do you want it to be integrated with WordPress?
If you can wait awhile, there is an excellent script being developed as we speak. Otherwise check out the list over on the codex of image related plugins.I use Photostack for my photography section. While is not integrated with WordPress, it is incredibly simple to use. You simply have to upload a folder of images and everything is automatically generated for you.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Mysql restore questionNo, I transfered my domain from a host using version 3.x.xx to a host using 4.0.24. The import had no problems.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Password protect not workingBoth Safari and FF show the password input, rather than any content.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: Customized login pageWhat happens when you take out the three template calls (and replace with the content in the header/sidebar/footer files)?
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Best way to go about modifying “Write Post” pageIf you’re after more textfields for authors on the write page, I created a zip file of WP with the addition of (up to) four inputs. See this post for more info. The problem is that once you’ve changed core files, upgrading later on can be fairly difficult. I will be creating a zip for each new version released however, and you could simply download it instead of upgrading, providing that you backup your wp-content folder.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Permalinks don’t workIt looks like you went back to the
?p=setup for now. Have you read using permalinks on the codex? Have you tried deleting your.htacess file and uploading a new blank one? That has helped me in the past…Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Gallery in “Safe modeâ€?I use photostack in my photgraphy section. I haven’t integrated it with WordPress, however it’s incredibly simple to use. You just upload a folder with the images in it and everything is created for you automatically. Otherwise check out this list on the codex for other ideas.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Gallery in “Safe mode�Do you want it to be independent or integrated with WordPress? Joen listed many great options in his earlier research.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: permalink_anchor() Returns NothingI don’t know why permalink_anchor doesn’t work for you. Is there any reason you couldn’t just use
<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>">permalink</a>? Or have you already tried that?Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Riddle me this, Batman!Looks fine in Safari
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: search results variableI haven’t found anything yet, however I stopped looking awhile ago.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Riddle me this, Batman!Well you fixed the background issue, where the main content wasn’t white, however it still is below the categories. The problem looks to be that your right column is too far left, or your entire container is too small. I’ll see if I can get it to work for you later tonight.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Riddle me this, Batman!Nope, your main section is still showing up below the category div. It looks about 75px too long.