amory
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Installing WordPress
In reply to: Complete Newbie Completely Lost…// DON’T use Safari!!!!
I prefer Safari. The only things incompatible within the interface that I’ve found are the quick-tags, but I’ve never really used them anyway…
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Blank Lines – Yet AgainFYI if you want to use the line-break tag in the future, you simply add a slash resulting in
<br />Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: projectnothing.comI also enjoyed the read. Bookmarked!
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Dashboard Not UpdatingI installed WP on a subdomain for a project I’m working on and the same thing happened. I just removed all references to the feeds, as I won’t be needing them anyway. Everything still works on my default WP installation however.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: Using WordPress for Rock Band Site?I have not yet put together a website for my band, however this is very doable with WordPress. It just depends on how much time you want to spend on it I guess. First off, you should decide how you want to keep track of gigs/concerts. A simple option would be to just have a page for tour dates that you would updated. Otherwise, check out this post entitled blog to the future for some tips on how to to get more in depth.
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Extra scroll bar problemLooks fine in Safari. Add this to line ~125
<td align="left" valign="top"height="auto">
That fixed the problem for FF, haven’t looked at IE5, however I wouldn’t worry too much about that if it doesn’t work in it.Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: search and calender not working anymore2) I believe if you dont use
%day%in your permalinks, then you can’t click on days in the calendar to show posts on that particular day.Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Contact Me & About Me plugins?That’s because vspace/hspace are depreciated.
Forum: Your WordPress
In reply to: Browser Check and Critique – TINALSNothing looks out of place over here on Safari or Firefox. I Personally like your Fishmonger and Smoking Jacket themes better. I do like the latest logo though, looks sweet.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Dustan Style ArchivesYeah the other post looks easier π
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Dustan Style ArchivesThere used to be a lot of information on it. I won’t post the entire code here as I will likely screw it up, but basically you need what is in this page for your archive template, and this page for your my-hacks.php file (make sure legacy support is turned on under options->misc). The my-hacks file is placed in your wordpress directory.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: Help Us Make a Custom Thememail sent
Forum: Fixing WordPress
In reply to: Posts found in firefox but not in IE.There is one post in Safari, Firefox and IE5Mac.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: Latest Post on Front PageI don’t know how the semiologic plugin works, but couldn’t you simply use the home.php template, run the loop to display the latest post, and put whatever static content you want in after the loop?
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: More posts in archive than front pageI have
<?php $posts_per_page = '-1'; ?>located before the doctype on my archives to get all posts, however i don’t know if that will work within the body.