Site Reviews is a complete review management solution for your website that is designed to work in a similar way to Amazon, TripAdvisor, and Yelp. The plugin provides blocks, shortcodes, and widgets, along with full documentation.
You can pin your best reviews so that they are always shown first, mark reviews as verified, require approval before new reviews are published, require visitors to be logged-in in order to write a review, send a custom notification when reviews are submitted, respond to reviews, and a lot more!
Site Reviews provides more features and options than almost every other free review plugin, and the support provided on the WordPress forum is excellent.
- Try Site Reviews for yourself on a demo website.
- View a live demo
- Actively Developed and Supported
- Asian Language Support for Excerpts
- Assign Reviews: Reviews can be assigned to Categories, Posts, Pages, Custom Post Types, and Users.
- Avatars: Provided by the WordPress Gravatar service
- Backup and Restore: Export/Import your settings and custom text strings, and use the WordPress Export and Import tools to backup your reviews.
- Bayesian Ranking: Easily sort pages with assigned reviews by rank (using the bayesian algorithm) in your custom WP_Query
- Blacklist: Block review submissions which contain specific words, phrases, IP addresses, names, and emails
- Developer Friendly: Designed for WordPress developers with over 200 hooks and convenient functions
- Documentation: FAQ and documenation for all shortcodes and functions
- Editor Blocks: Use the custom editor blocks in the Gutenberg editor
- Elementor Support: Use the native Elementor Widgets in the Elementor editor
- Form Styles: Match the review form with popular themes and form plugins
- GamiPress Support: Site Reviews integrates with GamiPress allowing you to award points when someone writes or receives a review
- Import Third-Party Reviews: Includes a built-in CSV importer
- JSON-LD Schema: Display your reviews and ratings in search results
- Members Only: Require users to be logged in before submitting a review
- Multilingual Support: Integrates with Polylang and WPML allowing you to assign reviews to all languages of a multilingual page (note: translating reviews is not supported)
- Multisite Support: Fully supports network/multisite websites
- Notifications: Send notifications to one or more emails when a review is submitted
- Pagination: Display a set number of reviews per-page with AJAX
- Privacy: Integrates with the WordPress privacy tools
- Rating Summaries: Display a summary of your review ratings from high to low.
- Relative Dates: You decide the date format that is displayed in your reviews
- Responses: Write responses to your reviews
- REST API: Access your reviews from remote websites and applications using the API.
- Restrictions: Require approval before publishing reviews and limit review submissions by email address, IP address, or username
- Review Limits: Prevent people from submitting more than one review per day (based on IP address, email, or username). Works with review assignments.
- Shortcodes: Configurable shortcodes complete with full documentation
- Slack Integration: Receive notifications in Slack when a review is submitted
- SPAM Protection: Includes 5 layers of protection from spam! Built-in Honeypot, 4 CAPTCHA options (FriendlyCaptcha, hCaptcha, reCAPTCHA v2 Invisible, and reCAPTCHA v3), Akismet, Blacklist, and Review limits
- Templates: Use the Site Reviews templates in your theme for full control over the HTML
- Translations: Easily change any text of the plugin to your own in the settings.
- Verify Reviews: Mark reviews as verified
- WooCommerce Support: Site Reviews integrates with your WooCommerce Products
Site Reviews Premium
If you need even more features, Site Reviews Premium gives you access to all of our paid addons, and offers faster and more personalised support. Premium addons include:
- Review Filters: Sort, filter, and search your reviews.
- Review Forms: Create custom review forms with over 20 field types and individual review templates.
- Review Images: Add images with captions to your reviews, and display a gallery of your review images.
- Review Notifications: Create and schedule custom review notifications with conditions, and send reminder emails for WooCommerce Product purchases.
- Review Themes: Create custom review designs with a drag-and-drop builder, and display your reviews in a carousel or grid.
Third Party Plugin Support
Site Reviews is officially compatible with the following plugins:
- Endurance Cache
- Hummingbird Performance
- Litespeed Cache
- Loyalty Program for WooCommerce
- Ninja Forms
- Oxygen Builder
- Perfect Brands for WooCommerce
- RankMath Pro
- Schema and Structured Data for WP
- Schema Pro
- Search & Filter Pro
- SiteGround Optimizer
- Speed Booster Pack
- Swift Performance
- Thrive Architect
- W3 Total Cache
- WooCommerce Loyalty Points and Rewards
- WP Fastest Cache
- WP Rocket
- WP Super Cache
- Yoast Duplicate Post
Follow plugin development on Github.
Images adapted from freepik.
- MySQL 5.6 or greater
- PHP 7.2 or greater
- WordPress 5.8 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of Site Reviews, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New.”
In the search field type “Site Reviews,” then click “Search Plugins.” Once you’ve found it, you can view the plugin details such as the point release, rating, and description. Install it by clicking “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
Manual installation method requires downloading the Site Reviews plugin and uploading it to your web server with a FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work smoothly, but we still recommend you back up your site.
If you encounter issues with your reviews after an update, go to the Site Reviews Tools page and run the “Migrate Plugin” tool. That should return things to normal.
How do I use Site Reviews?
Once Site Reviews is installed, you can read the “Getting Started” page by clicking the Help icon on the top-right corner of any of the Site Reviews admin pages.
I need help with something else
All documentation can be found in the “Help & Support” page of the plugin. If your question is not answered there, please create a new topic in the WordPress support forum.
Where do I report security bugs?
You can report any security bugs found in the source code of this plugin through the Patchstack Vulnerability Disclosure Program. The Patchstack team will assist you with verification, CVE assignment and take care of notifying the developers of this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Site Reviews” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Site Reviews” has been translated into 7 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Site Reviews” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed compatibility with avatar plugins (change the Fallback Avatar setting to “None”)
- Fixed Unicode support in review name field
- Fixed settings sanitization
- Added support for the Review Authors addon
- Fixed broken addon links
- Fixed memory issue with modals
- Renamed the “site-reviews/review/saved” hook to “site-reviews/review/updated”
- Updated documentation on customising stars