stug2013
Forum Replies Created
-
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Download Monitor] multi column output with shortcode?Hi Barry, yes the category thing seems a easy workaround. I’m not sure if this was part of your fix but just to clarify things if it makes any difference. I don’t need the downloads separated by category I would just like them all arranged differently on the page, rather than one long list. I can’t find it now but I’m sure I saw something in the documentation about a grid.
Thanks
StuForum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] specify image size for alxposts widgetPerfect, thanks so much bdbrown, I am actioning this straight away. And those links will make an excellent reference.
much appreciatedForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Download Monitor] multi column output with shortcode?I think what I am trying to say is that at the moment I get the box output but that they are one under the other as a list. Is see in the documentation it mentions a grid. How do I get that output instead using the downloads shortcode.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] specify image size for alxposts widgetthanks so much, I value your input and I am more than happy to wait.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] specify image size for alxposts widgetHey bdbrown. Problems are still there. I was waiting with my fingers crossed that you were having a nice long weekend somewhere and would come back with all the answers fully refreshed and invigorated π I didn’t want to chance messing it up in the meantime. So ant help will be much appreciated.
Forum: Plugins
In reply to: [Custom Post Type UI] editing php file?ok thanks
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] specify image size for alxposts widgetBy the way I do have the regenerate thumbnails plugin by Viper007Bond installed so I think I could change the size pretty easily but is that just changing the wp thumbnail size, and would that help?
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] specify image size for alxposts widgetSorry but also is there a reason behind they use of these specific sizes (e.g. 520×245 , and 320X320) before I go messing things up. And also why the thumb-standard and thumb-small don’t keep the same dimension ratio as the thumb-medium. And lastly would it make sense in future to upload images that are going to be used as featured images as a specific size?
OK πForum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] specify image size for alxposts widgetHey bdbrown just wanted to check something before I make the changes. I like that rectangular thumbnail instead of the square is it possible to set a new thumbnail-small size that keeps the same dimension ratio? Also I imaging the thumbnail will then land up too small for when I have used the widget in the sidebar. Is it possible to center the thumbnail within the container so that it sort of looks right?
I just thought I would check something else. I don’t think it will but will these changes effect the image that is displayed when listing posts say on archive pages or front page blog roll?
Thanks for bearing with me πForum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] specify image size for alxposts widgetThanks so much bdbrown I will definitely give that a go. That sound like it might also sort the other gtmetrix to do thing which is to serve scaled images.
looking forward to having a go.Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] thumbnail gallery is resizing thumnails- why?Thanks
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] thumbnail gallery is resizing thumnails- why?Hey bdbrown, thanks for your help. I feel like a bit of a cheat but in the end I went for a gallery plugin that sorted all the problems. Thanks for you time.
stuForum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] thumbnail gallery is resizing thumnails- why?Hi again bdbrown, thanks for your help. I wondered if it was a theme thing. I don’t mind the spacing. I would just like them to stay the width I choose in the gallery settings. How would I change that code to achieve that. Then I can just choose the appropriate size in the gallery settings. Is this an attempt to be responsive. If it is, is there a way to say: if there is space use the selected size but don’t enlarge, but if space is limited then shrink the image to fit the width of the container. So it is responsive but only when there is not enough space such as a smaller screen.
Thanks again
StuForum: Plugins
In reply to: [Gravity Forms Mail Poet Add-on] value for opt in fieldThanks B Hays. When you are setting up the newsletter feed and check the enable opt in condition another line appears to set that condition: Export to mailpoet if email is ………. I am not sure what to put in that empty field at the end to get it to work.
Forum: Themes and Templates
In reply to: [Hueman] removing and setting a sidebar for a specific post typethanks bdbrown I will give it a go. Thanks again for your help.